Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Stefura/Steranka/Osafij Wola Piotrowa

  • Anna Olkin
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2006
      Hello,

      I recently found out that one of my great grandfather's sister, Anna (Anastasia) Walecki married an Osiurak. I don't know his first name yet but I have someone checking that for me. I know that Teresa has that line in her family.

      Anna

      TMTeoli@... wrote:
      Anna,
      Beth and I and Nancy Sherwood have been exchanging information on these
      surnames and more who were from Wola Piotrowa for several years now.
      Beth gave me her translated version of the birth certificate and marriage
      papers of her husbands grandparents.

      She has Michael Steranka son of Theodori Steranka and Tatianna Labant married
      to Justyna Ostafij(or Oslaeor Ostapi?) h(hard to read) daughter of Stephani
      Ostafij (or whatever) of Tokarria and Tatianna Lechita widow of Gregorium
      Sadowski. In 1920 census @ 7 Pine St. in Carnegie
      there are listed John and Nelli (annastasia ) Steranko with their chidren
      Mitro (Matthew). Mary, Mike ( her husband's grandfather ) Annie Nelli, and John.
      Their boarders were John Ostapi (sp?) John? Charlie Zilkinkoand JohnHlannici
      and Frank Spindau.

      I found more information on these surnames but I need to locate it before I
      can give you that.

      Theresa