Plonna Cadastral Map

  • John Gronsky
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 22, 2006
      Can anyone advise me on how I may obtain a Plonna Cadastral Map. Thanks for any help
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 22, 2006
        John,
        Ah, the 64,000 zl~oty question. Several of us have tried unsuccessfully
        so far, to obtain copies of cadastral maps. Some, at least, are held at
        the Przemys~l civil archives. These maps are huge but can be photocopied
        in sections. The problem as I understand it from someone who was there
        in September, is that the copies are in black and white (originals are
        in color) and little care is taken when photocopying the sections. Also,
        depending on the village, it could take 10 sheets to copy one map.
        It costs quite a bit for the copies.

        One can also photograph the sections thereby having them in color. This
        too costs. The archive charges for each photograph. Another problem is
        the size of the photo. Most I have seen are too small to read.

        Keep in mind that one needs more than just the map or map sections in
        order to locate ancestral property. There is a at least one and maybe
        two different lists which correspond to the numbers on the maps. You
        have to know what you want.

        I do not know if the archive will send photocopies through the mail.
        I also don't know that anyone has actually written to the archive and
        asked about cadastral map copies.

        Debbie