Re: Marriage certificate

  • telewizja12
    Message 1 of 31 , Jan 4, 2006
      <rakoczywgm@y...> wrote: Anthropological studies revealed strong
      Roman characteristics in Bojko and Lemko people from that region.

      Wiesiek, taz to prawdziwa rewelacja !!!, ja pierwszy raz o tym
      slysze, gdzie to znalazles. Jesli idzie o etymologie slowa SAN, jesli
      znalazles definicje w Wikipedii ( pol. ang, niem ) to ja tam
      umiescilem taka informacje, i pochodzi z badan niemieckich,
      przedwojennych, jesli masz masz informacje z innych zrodel daj znac,

      papa

      --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com, Wieslaw Rakoczy
      <rakoczywgm@y...> wrote:

      > Sometimes the history is not always clearly recorded or interpreted.
      > Indeed, Sanok and its entire region was under Russ and Polish
      domination in the past.
      > It is also worth to mention that perhaps the original settlers
      were not Slavic, but rather
      > of Roman origin. Anthropological studies revealed strong Roman
      characteristics in Bojko and Lemko people from that region.
      > Many names of places and rivers (hydronyms and toponyms) derived
      from Roman, Hungarian and even pra-indoeuropean languages, and were
      rusicized or polonized
      > later on.
      > As an example, SANOK (Polish), SIANIK (Russ) came from non-
      Slavic SIAN (for river SAN), meaning, "A RAPIDLY FLOWING WATER." Who
      were the original visitors
      > and owners of that land? Which tribe dominated this land for the
      longest time?
      > It can be argued endlessly, but vital documents should
      objectively reflect real
      > administrative dependency of the territory, at the time of the
      event.
      > That's why my ancestors were born in former Austria and I was
      born in Poland, on the same territory.

      > Sources of information:
      >
      > Wojciech Krukar, A. Fastnacht, J. Czajkowski
      > Public Library in Sanok
      >
      > Debbie Greenlee <daveg@a...> wrote:
      > Ann et al,
      > Here's an interesting site. It's the Encyclopedia of Ukraine. The
      link
      > was sent to me by a friend.
      > http://www.encyclopediaofukraine.com/display.asp?
      AddButton=pages\S\I\Sianik.htm

      > The site is hosted by the Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies.
      >
      > As it pertains to the priest's reference that Sanok was in Ukraine,
      > perhaps he was remembering his history lessons. ;)
      >
      > Debbie
      >

      > Ann Poslosky wrote:
      > > Thanks Debbie,
      > > I was beginning to think I was in a bad movie. That is one of
      the
      > > most confusing, to me, documents I have encountered in my
      research.
      > > You always make some sense to a problem.
      > > Ann
      > >
      > > Debbie Greenlee <daveg@a...> wrote:
      > > Ann,
      > > I suspect that the priest did not know the exact location of
      Sanok and
      > > just assumed that it was in Ukraine. This is what we have to be
      > > careful with when using U.S. records which refer to places,
      names, etc. in another country, especially a country which every
      other country wants
      > as their own. ;) Boundaries get confusing.
      > > Debbie

      > American family home insurance American family home
      insurance company American family home owner insurance
      Genealogy research Multi family home for sale Single family home
      for sale

      Service.

      Message 31 of 31 , Jan 20, 2006
        Philip and Wes,
        Actually, the next book to be published after the L~emko dictionary
        should be the English-L~emko/L~emko-English dictionary. ;)

        > That's great! I thought that Dr. Paul Magocsi had created one, but I
        > can't find reference to it.
        >
        > Well that's good incentive for some of us to learn Polish and
        > Ukrainian.
        > Cheers
        > Philip

        I've just recently learned, that scholars of Jagiellonian University