Re: Marriage certificate

  • telewizja12
    Message 1 of 31 , Jan 4, 2006
      wrote : ...It is difficult for non-Polish speakers ...,

      1) ps. for speakers/readers perhaps the forum really to discuss is
      dificult, but for researcher/searcher no!,

      wrote : ... link was sent to me by a friend,
      http://www.encyclopediaofukraine.com/display.aspAddButton=pages\S\I\Si
      anik.htm

      ps. 2. You have showed this record for us, ... and author (Volodymyr
      Kubijovyè) of this text was a ukrainian Nazi-member, nazi-
      colaborant, and this article is political nonsense ( made in
      Canada ),

      wrote : Please don't negate that by insulting us.

      Debbie, You like semi-truth ?

      --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com, Debbie Greenlee
      <daveg@a...> wrote:

      > telewizja11 and telewizja12,
      >
      > It is difficult for non-Polish speakers to find information written
      in
      > Polish to provide to the Polish speakers/readers on this list
      covering
      > any subject.
      > It is difficult for non-English speakers to find information
      written in
      > English to provide to the English speakers/readers on this list
      covering
      > any subject.
      >
      > Sending something in Ukrainian is a waste of time. I would never
      pass
      > onto someone an article I could not read myself. If you are able to
      read
      > Uke cyrillic, perhaps you could translate Ann's marriage record.
      >
      > Considering the discussion had nothing to do with soldiers,
      insurgents
      > and the like, I must refuse your "gift". The complete article you
      cited
      > is from the Scotland Sunday Times, August 14, 2005
      > http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2090-1734608,00.html
      >
      > The article in part, talks about the Nazi's Galizien division. Since
      > none of us, as adults, have been asked to make the same choices as
      our
      > ancestors during the last century, this discussion is moot. This is
      not
      > the forum really to discuss why any group or person made the
      decisions
      > they/he did during the 1900s. This list is comprised of Poles, Ukes,
      > Lemko, Rusyn, Bojks, at least. Most of us are aware of the
      atrocities
      > committed by "both sides" during the last two World Wars but we try
      not
      > to point the finger, in part, I think, because each family was made-
      up
      > of Poles, Ukes, Lemko, Rusyn, or Bojks and because all sides are at
      > fault.
      >
      > You have provided great information, maps and photos to this list
      and it
      > is all appreciated. Please don't negate that by insulting us.
      >
      > pozdrawiam
      > Debbie
      >
      > telewizja11 wrote:
      > Debbie,
      > this is my gift for your friends from Canada,
      > http://www.galiciadivision.onestop.net/main/
      >
      > telewizja12 wrote:
      > >
      > > Debbie Greenlee <daveg@a...> wrote:
      > > > Here's an interesting site. It's the Encyclopedia of Ukraine.
      The
      > > link was sent to me by a friend.

      http://www.encyclopediaofukraine.com/display.aspAddButton=pages\S\I\Si
      > > anik.htm
      > >
      > > Debbie and all,
      > > who is autor od this article, see more about Volodymyr
      Kubijovyè,....
      > > The organizer of the division was the German governor of Galicia,
      > > Otto von Wächter, and its formation was announced on 28 April
      1943.
      > > The head of the Ukrainian Central Committee in Cracow, Volodymyr
      > > Kubijovyè, supported the division's formation, regarding it as a
      > > Ukrainian armed force and ...
      > >
      > > What is it : Ukrainian Galizien division of the 14th SS division
      > > by Sunday Times 2005 august: The Ukrainian Galizien division of
      the
      > > 14th SS division was formed as part of a programme of creating
      > > foreign formations of the Waffen SS to fight on the Soviet front.
      The

      Message 31 of 31 , Jan 20, 2006
        Philip and Wes,
        Actually, the next book to be published after the L~emko dictionary
        should be the English-L~emko/L~emko-English dictionary. ;)

        > That's great! I thought that Dr. Paul Magocsi had created one, but I
        > can't find reference to it.
        >
        > Well that's good incentive for some of us to learn Polish and
        > Ukrainian.
        > Cheers
        > Philip

        I've just recently learned, that scholars of Jagiellonian University