Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Chruszcz Labant Surnames

  • nancy sherwood
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 10 2:42 PM
      Thank you, Debbie. Theresa and I appreciate any help you can give.

      Debbie Greenlee <daveg@...> wrote:
      I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner. I'm still working on Wola Piotrowa.
      If I'm not mistaken there are still some villages mixed-in with each
      other so I have to sort them out before I translate the records and then
      surnames and given names you and Theresa have given me.

      nancy sherwood wrote:
      > Hi Debbie,
      > Theresa asked me to send along my Wola Piotrowa names. My grandparents
      > were Fesko (Ted) Chruszcz and Maria Labant, both of Wola Piotrowa.
      > They came to America separately in approx 1903, were married in 1911
      > in Pasaic, NJ and settled in McKees Rocks, PA. Both families were
      > Greek Ukranian Catholic. My maternal great grandparents were Steve
      > Labant and Eva Homerda. Family legend is my grandmother was a foster
      > child in the mayor’s house. My grandmother had 4 sisters, Anastasia,
      > Bessie, Julia and Dorta. I have been able to find Anastasia and Julia
      > in America. With no married surnames I’ve had no luck with Bessie and
      > Dorta. Steve came to America alone and Eva had three more children,
      > John, Anna and Paraska in Wola Piotrowa. To complicate things my
      > grandmother's sister Anastasia married Metro Chruszcz who was related
      > to my grandfather. I can’t find what degree of kinship they are.
      > My paternal great grandparents were Demitri Chruszcz and Maria Gutyez.
      > Demetri’s parents were Basil Chruszcz and Euphemia Salak. I’ve been in
      > touch with several others researching Labants from Wola Piotrowa, but
      > so far we can’t find a connection. I’d appreciate any help.
      > Thanks, Nancy

      American family home insurance American family home insurance company American family home owner insurance Genealogy research Multi family home for sale Single family home for sale

      Visit your group "bukowsko_triangle" on the web.