Re: Karlikow and Plonna Resettlement Query

  • telewizja11
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 30, 2005
      ... 0all folks from Plonna end Karlikow were resettlement to Kolobrzeg
      (Kolberg) and Szczecin ( Stettin ) district, ... and Dobromil area (
      Ukraine ) ...

      --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com, "John Gronsky"
      <johngronsky@e...> wrote:
      > Does anyone in the group know if there is any data available that
      would
      > show that casualties did or did not occur during resettlement of
      > Karlikow or Plonna?
      >
      > Thanks

    • John Gronsky
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2005
        Thanks for the information as to where the villagers went. Relatives of
        the villagers only knew that they to western Poland or to Ukraine.

        <johngronsky@e...> wrote:
        > Does anyone in the group know if there is any data available that
        would
        > show that casualties did or did not occur during resettlement of
        > Karlikow or Plonna?
        >
        > Thanks

        American
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=American+family+home+insurance&w1=A
        merican+family+home+insurance&w2=American+family+home+insurance+company&
        w3=American+family+home+owner+insurance&w4=Genealogy+research&w5=Multi+f
        amily+home+for+sale&w6=Single+family+home+for+sale&c=6&s=211&.sig=E0PGqO
        Sv9aqFsWypJnYw_g> family home insurance
        American
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=American+family+home+insurance+comp
        any&w1=American+family+home+insurance&w2=American+family+home+insurance+
        company&w3=American+family+home+owner+insurance&w4=Genealogy+research&w5
        =Multi+family+home+for+sale&w6=Single+family+home+for+sale&c=6&s=211&.si
        g=d_7GVo4opvP1FEjYEbtU4A> family home insurance company
        American
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=American+family+home+owner+insuranc
        e&w1=American+family+home+insurance&w2=American+family+home+insurance+co
        mpany&w3=American+family+home+owner+insurance&w4=Genealogy+research&w5=M
        ulti+family+home+for+sale&w6=Single+family+home+for+sale&c=6&s=211&.sig=
        tGn7RRidrjU3Z9BZZZkVPQ> family home owner insurance

        Genealogy
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Genealogy+research&w1=American+fami
        ly+home+insurance&w2=American+family+home+insurance+company&w3=American+
        family+home+owner+insurance&w4=Genealogy+research&w5=Multi+family+home+f
        or+sale&w6=Single+family+home+for+sale&c=6&s=211&.sig=zvjDypKZXjIp4c5yo0
        jDQQ> research
        Multi
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Multi+family+home+for+sale&w1=Ameri
        can+family+home+insurance&w2=American+family+home+insurance+company&w3=A
        merican+family+home+owner+insurance&w4=Genealogy+research&w5=Multi+famil
        y+home+for+sale&w6=Single+family+home+for+sale&c=6&s=211&.sig=MzuPgmP9B_
        HwQysp16iRCA> family home for sale
        Single
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Single+family+home+for+sale&w1=Amer
        ican+family+home+insurance&w2=American+family+home+insurance+company&w3=
        American+family+home+owner+insurance&w4=Genealogy+research&w5=Multi+fami
        ly+home+for+sale&w6=Single+family+home+for+sale&c=6&s=211&.sig=LcYm470VW
        74sSP6s1kMcRg> family home for sale

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "bukowsko_triangle
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bukowsko_triangle> " on the web.

        e>

        _____

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 1, 2005
          John,
          If you are only talking about resettlement then probably not. Deaths
          most likely occurred during the Dukl~a Pass battle because the Russians
          went through Karliko~w. Casualties may have also occurred during
          fighting before the resettlement but probably not as the people were
          leaving.

          I believe at least some of the information can be found at the Przemys~l
          civil archives but it won't be in English. There might also be info at
          the Sanok powiat "archive" office.

          You can read about some personal accounts on "Walter's" site:
          http://lemko.org/wisla/karlykiv.html

          Here's the main page for "Reminiscences; life today in Lemkowyna" :
          http://lemko.org/selo.html

          And Walter's main page: http://lemko.org/index.html

          Make sure your volume is turned up. I just love the song Walter is
          playing again on his site and I don't even know what it's about!

          FYI
          When the "moves" were made the communist/Polish government made sure
          that whole villages were not moved into one village although whole
          villages were moved into a general area. Example (only!): not all of the
          residents of Karliko~w were moved to the city of Gdan~sk. Some of the
          residents were moved to Elbla~g, Gdan~sk and Sopot.

          Debbie

        • elstonwe@att.net
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 2, 2005
            To: The person who answered John's question about resettlement

            Do you have resettlement information about the people from the villages of Swiatkowa Wielka and Dudynce? What is your source?

            From: "John Gronsky" <johngronsky@...>

          • John Gronsky
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 3, 2005
              Debbie..I have just completed absorbing the info you provided and thank
              you for it.John

              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 3, 2005
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 3, 2005
                  John,
                  I've been holding back on this hoping to put something "short" together
                  regarding my summer visit to Bukowsko gmina but other stuff is getting
                  in the way. So, here's my impression of Karliko~w (pictures not yet
                  ready for my web site):

                  Coming up over a hill we encountered Karliko~w on the left side of the
                  road. We were coming from Bukowsko, heading east to see all the gmina
                  villages out that way. There was a "road" to the left which led into the
                  back side of Karliko~w and up over the hill. The building which were
                  left, were vacant and run down. It caught me by surprise. I don't know
                  why. In some spots there were only foundations. I think most of the
                  buildings which were left were long barns though they could have been
                  "communal" homes. I couldn't go very far down this first road because it
                  was under water and I didn't know how deep it was or what was under the
                  water. I backed out to the main road from Bukowsko and drove east a few
                  yards where I found another road which led into Karliko~w. Now we were
                  on the other side of the buildings (barns?). Actually the road brought
                  us between the buildings (barns?) and collapsing homes. There were still
                  electric poles standing but no wires. It appeared that someone was using
                  the buildings (barns?) for something, what I couldn't tell. We didn't
                  see anyone.
                  The road made a right turn which we took. This brought us up to some
                  occupied houses. The road came out to another "main" road, though
                  off-hand I can't remember where it led. The road through Karliko~w was
                  relatively short BTW.
                  (if these roads had names it would make things easier to explain!)
                  See below. The 1 and I are roads as is the _____. The --- represent
                  buildings but the number or placement isn't necessarily accurate. The
                  --- buildings were the empty ones.
                  --- I
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ --- I
                  ^^^^^^^^^ __________________________________ ski slope
                  l ---- --- l I
                  l ---- --- l --- I
                  l ---- --- l --- I
                  l ---- --- l --- I
                  l l I
                  _BUKOWSKO________________________________________ EAST
                  Village

                  If you continued on the road to the ski slope there were a couple of
                  houses and one very new house. The road quickly deteriorates and is
                  probably easier to travel in the winter. ;)
                  All of a sudden there's a wide spot in the road and you see a large
                  building and ski lift apparatus. I don't know where people park!

                  Anyway, today there are people living in Karliko~w. Not many I don't
                  think, and I certainly don't know at this point (I haven't finished the
                  Karliko~w section of the "spis") where these folks came from.

                  Just thought I'd throw that out to you.

                  Debbie

                  John Gronsky wrote:
                  > Debbie..I have just completed absorbing the info you provided and
                  > thank you for it.John
                • telewizja12
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 4, 2005
                    See Big Source : Digiotal Slownik Geograficzny Krolestwa Polskiego -
                    Warsaw 1879, at link :
                    http://www.mimuw.edu.pl/polszczyzna/SGKPi/SGKPinfo.html
                    format: djvu

                    Plugin for Windows, DjVu Browser Plugin for Windows,
                    http://www.lizardtech.com/download/dl_download.php?
                    detail=doc_djvu_plugin&platform=win,

                    Hey,
                    Telewizja12

                    > http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bukowsko
                    > http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nowotaniec
                    > http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pielnica (Pielnica river)
                    > http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Os%C5%82awa (Oslawa river}
                  • John Gronsky
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 4, 2005
                      Debbie..Thanks for the additional info. I've talked to a few people who
                      came from Karlikow and Plonna to the US in 1946 and they had differing
                      stories but without substantiation hence my interest..John