Tarnawczyk Info - not for free

  • blondejester2
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 10, 2005
      Hi
      Was doing a search on the net and came across
      www.reunitemyfamily.com, after searching Tarnawczyk, the following
      names came up, for more info I would have to pay, which I didn't.
      Does anyone know these Tarnawczyks - yet:

      State MI
      Helen - 86
      John -
      Joseph - 80

      State MO
      Iwona - 34
      Jerry - 40
      Jerzy - 39
      Maria - 60
      Lilla - 38

      Alot of these sites and searches, seem to push me back to
      Ancestry.com, they must be a huge organisation, wealthy too.

      Zofia x
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 10, 2005
        Zofia,
        Hold on to those Aussie dollars! If you have an LDS Family History
        Library in the area, you can get on and USE ancestry.com for free!!!
        Yes! You can use their US census records, and other stuff. Keep in mind
        please that any information on ancestry.com has been entered by a
        human so there could be errors as well as missing records. Please do not
        assume that if a record is not found on ancestry.com that it doesn't
        exist.
        Au contraire!

        Zofia, if you do not live near an LDS FHC, perhaps someone in the US
        would visit one and get the info for you. (mine is closed for vacation)

        Debbie

        blondejester2 wrote:
        > Hi
        > Was doing a search on the net and came across
        > www.reunitemyfamily.com, after searching Tarnawczyk, the following
        > names came up, for more info I would have to pay, which I didn't.
        > Does anyone know these Tarnawczyks - yet:
        >
        > State MI
        > Helen - 86
        > John -
        > Joseph - 80
        >
        > State MO
        > Iwona - 34
        > Jerry - 40
        > Jerzy - 39
        > Maria - 60
        > Lilla - 38
        >
        > Alot of these sites and searches, seem to push me back to
        > Ancestry.com, they must be a huge organisation, wealthy too.
        >
        > Zofia x
      • blondejester2
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 10, 2005
          Debbie
          That is great information, there are a few LDS places around I will
          check them out.
          Think we will have to start calling you Dr Debbie.
          How on earth you know all this stuff is just beyond me.
          Thanks so much.
          Zofia x

          --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com, Debbie Greenlee

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 11, 2005
            Zofia,
            I do happen to be just a little older than you and I've been working on
            genealogy seriously for about 15 years. I started before computers! I
            think that is really a big reason for me having so much information.
            IT's not all in my head. Before computers I bought tons of books and
            reference materials. I still prefer to touch the page rather than just
            read it on the internet.

            To get most of my family information I had to send a lot of letters,
            request a fortune in records and documents, make lots of telephone
            calls, etc.

            I think it's important that you save money for that Bukowsko reunion!

            Don't forget, document, document, document.
            Debbie