Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Pobiedno/Wdowiak/Brejta/Bak

  • gloria gant
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 1, 2005
      hi kim...how are you...i dont know if anyone else is receiving in correct emails...but the headings are for our sites and then its porno crap...is anyone else having this problem...gloria

      http://datingsearch.lycos.com
    • Mailkimg2@aol.com
      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 1, 2005
        Gloria,
        Oh my goodness, no, I haven't seen that in my mailbox. I do know that two
        days ago, my software quarantined a trojan on my computer...my second since
        January. Where the heck do they come from?

        Anyway, Philip will see your email and maybe he can help find out where the
        x-rated emails are coming from?

        Good luck Gloria,
        Kim :)

        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 1, 2005
          On Jun 1, 2005, at 9:17 PM, gloria gant wrote:
          > hi kim...how are you...i dont know if anyone else is receiving in
          > correct emails...but the headings are for our sites and then its porno
          > crap...is anyone else having this problem...gloria

          Hi Gloria,
          Whatever gets sent to the group also shows up here:

          As you can see, there's no spam there, so I'm 99.99% sure that you're
          the only one receiving the spam. It isn't coming from Yahoo. Please
          email me privately with more details about this.

          Philip
        • Mailkimg2@aol.com
          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 1, 2005
            Thanks Philip.

            Are you as excited as I am knowing that Debbie is over in the BT? How many
            weeks does she plan on spending there? A while ago she gave me her whole
            itinerary, but I think it is lost.

            I'm praying things go smoothly for her, and that her trip exceeds her
            expectations!

            Kim :)

            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 2, 2005
              On Jun 1, 2005, at 10:16 PM, Mailkimg2@... wrote:
              > Thanks Philip.
              >
              > Are you as excited as I am knowing that Debbie is over in the BT? How
              > many
              > weeks does she plan on spending there? A while ago she gave me her
              > whole
              > itinerary, but I think it is lost.
              >
              > I'm praying things go smoothly for her, and that her trip exceeds her
              > expectations!

              My motto for traveling is "always expect the unexpected".

              cheers
            • mary_ache
              Message 6 of 25 , Jun 2, 2005
                Hello Priscilla,
                My grandfather was John Machuzak/Maczuzak. He and his wife Kathryn
                Makara Machuzak lived in Minersville, not far from Pine Grove where
                Anthony Maczuzak and Frances Anelia Bak resided. We are distant cousins
                through these two men. Frances Bak's obituary lists her birthdate as 1
                Jan 1900 and date of death as 2 Sept 1998. Her two sisters, Antionette
                Wdowiak and Patricia Stefanic, are mentioned in it. Would you like a
                copy of the obituary?
                Mary
              • Priscilla Wdowiak
                Message 7 of 25 , Jun 3, 2005
                  Hello Mary,

                  How exciting to find someone. Yes, I would love a copy of the obituary. I met Francis several years ago - my husband and I took a trip to Pine Grove. I thought Francis was born in 1895, but then the 3 Bak sisters kept changing their ages.

                  In my search to find information on the sisters, I found Janos and Kathryn Maczuzak (and 8 children) on the 1920 and 1930 census. Also found Antone and Franziska Maczuzak on the 1920 and 1930 census. Antone "Anthony" immigrated in 1913 from Dudynce - was in Ellis Island records.

                  I believe John and Anthony's parents were Michal Maczuzak and Anna Laesik. If you want copies of the census forms, I will be happy to email them to you. Since you were an early member of this group, you probably already have much more than I do. I sent reports out to Joe Stefanic (son of Katherine Bak) several years ago but did not ever hear back from him. Did not realize anyone from the Maczuzak family was doing research so I am very happy to hear from you.
                  Priscilla

                  mary_ache <maryache@...> wrote:
                  Hello Priscilla,
                  My grandfather was John Machuzak/Maczuzak. He and his wife Kathryn
                  Makara Machuzak lived in Minersville, not far from Pine Grove where
                  Anthony Maczuzak and Frances Anelia Bak resided. We are distant cousins
                  through these two men. Frances Bak's obituary lists her birthdate as 1
                  Jan 1900 and date of death as 2 Sept 1998. Her two sisters, Antionette
                  Wdowiak and Patricia Stefanic, are mentioned in it. Would you like a
                  copy of the obituary?
                  Mary

                • ELIZABETH REISER
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jun 5, 2005
                    Mailkimg2@... wrote:Thanks Philip.

                    Are you as excited as I am knowing that Debbie is over in the BT? How many
                    weeks does she plan on spending there? A while ago she gave me her whole
                    itinerary, but I think it is lost.

                    I'm praying things go smoothly for her, and that her trip exceeds her
                    expectations!

                    Kim :)
                    Kim , Debbie is in Bubowsko, right now she is over my sister Dorota, everythig is fine Elzbieta

                  • Mailkimg2@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 25 , Jun 5, 2005
                      Hi Elzbieta,

                      Yay! I'll bet she is being fed to the gills, too! I hope that one day
                      (soon) I'll get to visit there. I just don't know if I am ready to leave my
                      children for that long of a time, and for that great a distance. Taking them would
                      probably be as pleasant as hiking up a mountain with a size 9 foot in a size 8
                      shoe. "When are we going to find a McDonalds?" Then again, maybe they'd
                      surprise me?

                      Kim :)

                      Message 10 of 25 , Jun 5, 2005
                        On Jun 5, 2005, at 12:37 PM, ELIZABETH REISER wrote:
                        > Kim , Debbie is in Bubowsko, right now she is over my sister Dorota,
                        > everythig is fine
                        > Elzbieta

                        Dziekuje for the update, Elzbieta.

                        Message 11 of 25 , Jun 5, 2005
                          On Jun 5, 2005, at 2:38 PM, Mailkimg2@... wrote:
                          > I hope that one day
                          > (soon) I'll get to visit there. I just don't know if I am ready to
                          > leave my
                          > children for that long of a time, and for that great a distance.
                          > Taking them would
                          > probably be as pleasant as hiking up a mountain with a size 9 foot in
                          > a size 8
                          > shoe. "When are we going to find a McDonalds?" Then again, maybe
                          > they'd
                          > surprise me?

                          Only one way to find out!

                          =)

                          Philip
                        • Mailkimg2@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 25 , Jun 5, 2005
                            To Philip, I say, "ha!" And since I'm posting, may I ask if there are any
                            "American" fast-food establishments in Sanok? Just curious is all. I'm
                            imagining that Warsaw and Krakow would have more because of their size, but I'm very
                            interested to hear the answer.

                            Kim :)

                          • Jaromir Wilusz
                            Message 13 of 25 , Jun 7, 2005
                              Until today there are no this kind of "entertainment" :) in Bukowsko
                              Traingle. There are many slow-food like pierogi, barszcz, proziaki.
                              However I heard recently about plans to bulid McDonald in Sanok
                              (serving McPierogi, McBarszcz...???)
                              JAREK

                              >...may I ask if there are any
                              > "American" fast-food establishments in Sanok? Just curious is all.
                              I'm
                              > imagining that Warsaw and Krakow would have more because of their
                              size, but I'm very
                              > interested to hear the answer.
                              >
                              > Kim :)

                            • Mary-Ann
                              Message 14 of 25 , Jun 11, 2005
                                Hello Priscilla and Mary,
                                I've been out of town for a bit (as a matter of fact, I was in Minersville, PA to put flowers on the family graves) so I'm just catching up with the group.
                                My Godmother (my Dad's sister) is Helen Machusky-Makara (born 1915) who lived in Forestville and Minersville, PA prior to her present stay at a local nursing home. Her mother (my paternal grandmother) was Mary Bak/Bok/Bonk-Maciejowska/Machusky born in 1888 in Dudynce, Sanok area, and her father (my paternal grandfather) was Antoni Maciejowski/Machusky born 1877 in Sanok. Antoni lived in the Kulpmont/Marion Heights area of PA prior to his death. My Godmother (Helen) was married to Michael Makara (1915-1984), the son of Anthony Makara (1885-1945) and Mary Makara (1891-1951) of Forestville, PA, if I'm remembering correctly.
                                I seem to remember the family mentioning the Machuzak family being "relatives" though I'm not sure just how we were related.
                                Many similarities.

                                Mary-Ann
                                Rockledge, Florida

                                Message 15 of 25 , Jun 11, 2005
                                  Hello Mary-Ann,

                                  --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com, "Mary-Ann" <bensings@m...>
                                  wrote:

                                  > I've been out of town for a bit (as a matter of fact, I was in
                                  Minersville, PA to put flowers on the family graves)

                                  I wish I would have known. I was in Minersville, too - visiting the
                                  homestead and putting flowers on the family graves.

                                  > I seem to remember the family mentioning the Machuzak family
                                  being "relatives" though I'm not sure just how we were related.
                                  > Many similarities.

                                  Anthony Makara (1885-1945)was the brother of my grandmother Kataren
                                  Makara Machuzak (1892-1970). She lived just "around the corner" from
                                  her brother.

                                  I showed your note to my mother. She thought Michael's wife (Helen)
                                  had also passed away and is glad to hear otherwise. Is Helen in
                                  Schuylkill Haven?

                                  Mary

                                  Service.

                                • Mary Ann Bensinger
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Jun 13, 2005
                                    Hello Mary!
                                    Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner, but my computer CRASHED and I lost almost everything I had on it!
                                    Wish I had known you were in Minersville...would have been nice to meet. Do you live in Pennsylvania?
                                    I have fond memories of the Makara homestead in Forestville....I remember many gatherings there where those who played musical instruments would play; and among those who didn't, someone was given the task of "faux bull fiddle" where salt would be scattered on the floor and a broom would be played by rubbing the handle in the salt in time to the music (it really did sound like a bull fiddle). Everyone would sing. Happy times!!
                                    I also remember seeing that coal bank burning at night...quite a sight. I was born in Dowdentown (just outside Minersville).
                                    As for my Godmother Helen Makara, she is now in "Providence Place" in apartment 318 at 2200 First Avenue in Pottsville.
                                    I'm back home here in Florida now...until the next trip to Pennsylvania and Maryland to visit family ;>)
                                    Please keep in touch...my email is bensings@....
                                    Mary-Ann (Machusky) Bensinger
                                    Rockledge, Florida

                                    > I've been out of town for a bit (as a matter of fact, I was in
                                    Minersville, PA to put flowers on the family graves)

                                    I wish I would have known. I was in Minersville, too - visiting the
                                    homestead and putting flowers on the family graves.

                                    > I seem to remember the family mentioning the Machuzak family
                                    being "relatives" though I'm not sure just how we were related.
                                    > Many similarities.

                                    Anthony Makara (1885-1945)was the brother of my grandmother Kataren
                                    Makara Machuzak (1892-1970). She lived just "around the corner" from
                                    her brother.

                                    I showed your note to my mother. She thought Michael's wife (Helen)
                                    had also passed away and is glad to hear otherwise. Is Helen in
                                    Schuylkill Haven?

                                    Mary

                                    Service.

                                  • Ann Poslosky
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Aug 18, 2005
                                      Hi Mary-Ann;

                                      Read this email with interest; I was born in Minersville (actually a small place named Mar-Lin). You may know of it because Dowdentown was up on the hill across the Sch. River from me. Two of my deceased brothers, Carl and Stanley, had good friends from Dowdentown. I don't know what age group your in and if you would remember the Micko Family; I knew Joe and Charlie, both were friends of the family; or would you remember when the ballpark was where there is now a shopping plaza....Miracle Mart was the first to build there. There was an iron bridge....nothing to hold onto; just enough for a person to walk across it if they had the inclination and the foothold to cross; below was the Sch. River which was a rocky bed with some water if you happened to fall. After heavy rains, of course, the river would be flowing quite in earnest; it was coal dirty and we use to say the people in Philadelphia drank that stuff. Am I aging myself here? I'm painting an old landscape between
                                      Dowdentown, the ballpark (training grounds for the old Philadelphia A's), the footbridge next to the railroad tracks, and acrooss from that was our family farm. I was born a Hoysock (Hujsak). My father was a truck farmer...he raised veggies to take to market; often I went with him on those trips. The Vo-Tech School now is on that property; aside from a small portion of which still belongs to my youngest brother and his family. There was also a large dam....it was called Long Dam and that is where the Exxon Plant is today. Interested to hear "what is in your memory" ????????

                                      Ann

                                      Message 18 of 25 , Aug 19, 2005
                                        Hello Ann,
                                        I just returned from an unexpected trip up to Glen Burnie, Maryland. I buried my Mom (Mary Kalinich-Machusky born in Dowdentown) next to the love of her life...my Dad (Steve Machusky..originally from the Minersville area).

                                        I was born and raised in Dowdentown up to and thru the third grade which I attended at Llewellyn. I was a very lucky kid...my Baba (grandmother) lived across the street and owned the neighborhood convenience store (which included CANDY). I sure did miss that when I moved away. The house I was born in was purchased by my Mom's sister and family (George and Jay Tokonitz...now deceased). My neighbors were the Melnick's on one side and the Miklo's on the other. My best girlfriend was my cousin "Dolly" (Julia Stefansky-Gogno) now living in Brier City, who owned the "Blue Front Store" in Minersville for a period of time.

                                        I remember the ball park very well! Although I remember it as a baseball park, did you know the football team that played there (the Pottsville Maroons) were the 1925 World Champs of Professional Football? There still exists quite a controversy about them having the title "stolen" away...lots on "Google" about that.

                                        I remember the bridge you spoke of over the river and we, too, joked about those folks in "Phillie" drinking that "awful water". Before the highway went through Mom used to tell me their family farm extended down by the "crick" and the railroad tracks and the cows used to graze there. I remember as a child waving to the train engineers...(and they always waved back)...as the trains would go through (boy was that a long time ago)!

                                        I have relatives living in Mar-Lin. My Mom's (now deceased) brother John Kalinich (aka "Jinky") married and had twin boys. They lived on Walnut Street. Also my Dad used to train at Long Dam for his long distance (20 mile) swimming races in Canada. There was quite a story in the Pottsville Republican about him giving up his chance of winning a large sum of money in order to save a fellow swimmer in Toronto. He will always be my hero.

                                        Hope some of the names I've mentioned are also familiar to you! I still love those Pennsylvania hills.
                                        Mary-Ann
                                        Rockledge, Florida

                                        > I've been out of town for a bit (as a matter of fact, I was in
                                        Minersville, PA to put flowers on the family graves)

                                        I wish I would have known. I was in Minersville, too - visiting the
                                        homestead and putting flowers on the family graves.

                                        > I seem to remember the family mentioning the Machuzak family
                                        being "relatives" though I'm not sure just how we were related.
                                        > Many similarities.

                                        Anthony Makara (1885-1945)was the brother of my grandmother Kataren
                                        Makara Machuzak (1892-1970). She lived just "around the corner" from
                                        her brother.

                                        I showed your note to my mother. She thought Michael's wife (Helen)
                                        had also passed away and is glad to hear otherwise. Is Helen in
                                        Schuylkill Haven?

                                        Mary

                                        Service.

                                        Genealogy family tree Genealogy research Family search internet genealogy service

                                      • Ann Poslosky
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Aug 20, 2005
                                          Hi Mary-Ann,

                                          So very sorry to hear your mother passed; may she have eternal rest. My parents are buried in Llewellyn... lots of cemeteries up there.

                                          The names of Kalinich-Machusky-Milnick all ring a bell, but I did not know any of them personally.

                                          The Blue-Front Store and Messner & Hess (5-10) were my favorite destinations. Went there with my parents as a kid. I did not know any of the owners. As for the Pottsville Maroons, my brother Andy, deceased, played for them. I am familiar with the controversy.

                                          That infamous bridge...I crossed it a million times before the highway was built. Didn't know it was "dangerous" until I got older; even helped the parish priest cross over it many times. My dad never saw that wonderful bridge that carries vehicles. It was built about 1957; that was the year he died. He was so looking forward to that happening.

                                          This is like old home week talking to you, Mary-Ann, I hope we don't "bore" our fellow readers in our trip down memory lane. Thanks to Debbie for that tip on the Schuylkill County 11; haven't been able to access the site from my computer yet.
                                          I too, miss the rolling hills of Pa...Living here in Arizona makes one appreciate the green, green grass of home....and appreciate the sunshine in winter.

> [...]

                                          Minersville, PA to put flowers on the family graves)

                                          I wish I would have known. I was in Minersville, too - visiting the
                                          homestead and putting flowers on the family graves.

                                          > I seem to remember the family mentioning the Machuzak family
                                          being "relatives" though I'm not sure just how we were related.
                                          > Many similarities.

                                          Anthony Makara (1885-1945)was the brother of my grandmother Kataren
                                          Makara Machuzak (1892-1970). She lived just "around the corner" from
                                          her brother.

                                          I showed your note to my mother. She thought Michael's wife (Helen)
                                          had also passed away and is glad to hear otherwise. Is Helen in
                                          Schuylkill Haven?

                                          Mary

                                          Service.

                                          Genealogy family tree Genealogy research Family search internet genealogy service

                                          Family genealogy Family history genealogy Genealogy family search Genealogy family tree Genealogy research Family search internet genealogy service

                                        • macjanu
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Jan 6, 2006
                                            Antoni Maczuzak is name of my grandfather. He stay some times in US
                                            in the years 1900 - 1910 and was back to Dudynce. Was married with
                                            Maria Maczuzak.
                                            Janusz

                                            --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com, "mary_ache"
                                            <maryache@p...> wrote:

                                            > Hello Priscilla,
                                            > My grandfather was John Machuzak/Maczuzak. He and his wife Kathryn
                                            > Makara Machuzak lived in Minersville, not far from Pine Grove
                                            where
                                            > Anthony Maczuzak and Frances Anelia Bak resided. We are distant
                                            cousins
                                            > through these two men. Frances Bak's obituary lists her birthdate
                                            as 1
                                            > Jan 1900 and date of death as 2 Sept 1998. Her two sisters,
                                            Antionette
                                            > Wdowiak and Patricia Stefanic, are mentioned in it. Would you
                                            like a
                                            > copy of the obituary?
                                            > Mary

                                          • Mary-Ann
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Jan 6, 2006
                                              I see one of your names is Bak. My grandmother who was from Dudynce was Maria Bak/Bak (1888-1975) before her marriage to Antoni Maciejowski (1877-1966). Her mother was Magdalena Kolody/Kolodeij, her father was Ilko Bak/Bak. I am also looking for information on an Aunt named Anna Maciejowska-Lakos from that same area. She would have been born around 1904.
                                              Mary-Ann
                                              Rockledge, FL

                                              <maryache@p...> wrote:

                                              > Hello Priscilla,
                                              > My grandfather was John Machuzak/Maczuzak. He and his wife Kathryn
                                              > Makara Machuzak lived in Minersville, not far from Pine Grove
                                              where
                                              > Anthony Maczuzak and Frances Anelia Bak resided. We are distant
                                              cousins
                                              > through these two men. Frances Bak's obituary lists her birthdate
                                              as 1
                                              > Jan 1900 and date of death as 2 Sept 1998. Her two sisters,
                                              Antionette
                                              > Wdowiak and Patricia Stefanic, are mentioned in it. Would you
                                              like a
                                              > copy of the obituary?
                                              > Mary

                                            • Mary-Ann
                                              Message 22 of 25 , Jan 6, 2006
                                                I see the "Polish alphabet letters" I sent didn't come thru so I'll type the names this way....should be Bak/Ba~k and L~akos in the appropriate places.
                                                Mary-Ann
                                                Rockledge, FL