Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Re: A New Genealogy-Related Website

    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 1, 2005
      Marek,
      Tak, Tak, Rezumiem!
      Yes, Yes, I understand.

      Polish lesson for those scratching their heads: the 'i' in Polish is
      pronounced like the letters 'ee' in English. So, if you use Polish
      phonetics
      you would pronounce th Polish "Hi Hi" as the English Hee hee. Ang. =
      angielsku = English

      I correspond with a college student in Torun. He speaks English very
      well but he often writes English using Polish phonetics. Once you
      understand Karol's spelling it's easy to read his emails. ;)

      Example: "I sory you wery wery mach that I dont route sow long time"
      "I can not czek mail"
      "I nide to bay a computer and naue(teraz) is every finks ok"
      "we are fain"
      "haw are you"

      The Polish language, like so many others, does not use the letter
      combination 'th' so the 'f' is usually substituted when, for instance,
      the word "thanks" is said.

      Karol's English, both spoken and written is far better than my Polish
      though!

      Debbie

      mareksilarski wrote:
      > Hi Hi = ang. he he
      >

      > <mareksilarski@w...> wrote:
      > > Hello Debbie.
      > > Hi Hi ...
    • mareksilarski
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 2, 2005
        Korol's words
        I sory ( sorry ) you wery wery ( very , vey )mach ( much )that I dont
        route sow ( so )long time"
        > "I can not czek ( check )mail"
        > "I nide ( need ) to bay ( buy ) a computer and naue ( now )(teraz)
        is every finks (thinks )ok"

        --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com, Debbie Greenlee

        =
        > angielsku = English
        >
        > I correspond with a college student in Torun. He speaks English very
        > well but he often writes English using Polish phonetics. Once you
        > understand Karol's spelling it's easy to read his emails. ;)
        >
        > Example: "I sory you wery wery mach that I dont route sow long
        time"
        > "I can not czek mail"
        > "I nide to bay a computer and naue(teraz) is every finks ok"
        > "we are fain"
        > "haw are you"
        >
        > The Polish language, like so many others, does not use the letter
        > combination 'th' so the 'f' is usually substituted when, for
        instance,
        > the word "thanks" is said.
        >
        > Karol's English, both spoken and written is far better than my
        Polish
        > though!
        >
        > Debbie
        >

        > mareksilarski wrote:
        > > Hi Hi = ang. he he
        > >

        > > <mareksilarski@w...> wrote:
        > > > Hello Debbie.
        > > > Hi Hi ...
      • mareksilarski
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 2, 2005
          political scandal in Poland . list of communist (semi..., coopertiv,
          candidats ) t.s. agents in Poland
          http://www.lista.tyski.com/
        • mareksilarski
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 2, 2005
            political scandal in Poland . list of communist (semi..., coopertiv,
            candidats etc.) t.s. agents in Poland , 240 000 surnames !!!
            http://www.lista.tyski.com/
          • mareksilarski
              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 4, 2005
                second link