Re: A New Genealogy-Related Website

  • mareksilarski
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 31, 2005
      Hi Hi = ang. he he

      --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com, "mareksilarski"

      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 1, 2005
        Marek,
        Tak, Tak, Rezumiem!
        Yes, Yes, I understand.

        Polish lesson for those scratching their heads: the 'i' in Polish is
        pronounced like the letters 'ee' in English. So, if you use Polish
        phonetics
        you would pronounce th Polish "Hi Hi" as the English Hee hee. Ang. =
        angielsku = English

        I correspond with a college student in Torun. He speaks English very
        well but he often writes English using Polish phonetics. Once you
        understand Karol's spelling it's easy to read his emails. ;)

        Example: "I sory you wery wery mach that I dont route sow long time"
        "I can not czek mail"
        "I nide to bay a computer and naue(teraz) is every finks ok"
        "we are fain"
        "haw are you"

        The Polish language, like so many others, does not use the letter
        combination 'th' so the 'f' is usually substituted when, for instance,
        the word "thanks" is said.

        Karol's English, both spoken and written is far better than my Polish
        though!

        Debbie

        mareksilarski wrote:
        > Hi Hi = ang. he he
        >

        > <mareksilarski@w...> wrote:
        > > Hello Debbie.
        > > Hi Hi ...
      • mareksilarski
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 2, 2005
          Korol's words
          I sory ( sorry ) you wery wery ( very , vey )mach ( much )that I dont
          route sow ( so )long time"
          > "I can not czek ( check )mail"
          > "I nide ( need ) to bay ( buy ) a computer and naue ( now )(teraz)
          is every finks (thinks )ok"

          =
          > angielsku = English
          >
          > I correspond with a college student in Torun. He speaks English very
          > well but he often writes English using Polish phonetics. Once you
          > understand Karol's spelling it's easy to read his emails. ;)
          >
          > Example: "I sory you wery wery mach that I dont route sow long
          time"
          > "I can not czek mail"
          > "I nide to bay a computer and naue(teraz) is every finks ok"
          > "we are fain"
          > "haw are you"
          >
          > The Polish language, like so many others, does not use the letter
          > combination 'th' so the 'f' is usually substituted when, for
          instance,
          > the word "thanks" is said.
          >
          > Karol's English, both spoken and written is far better than my
          Polish
          > though!
          >
          > Debbie
          >

          > mareksilarski wrote:
          > > Hi Hi = ang. he he
          > >

          > > <mareksilarski@w...> wrote:
          > > > Hello Debbie.
          > > > Hi Hi ...
        • mareksilarski
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 2, 2005
            political scandal in Poland . list of communist (semi..., coopertiv,
            candidats ) t.s. agents in Poland
            http://www.lista.tyski.com/
          • mareksilarski
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 2, 2005
              political scandal in Poland . list of communist (semi..., coopertiv,
              candidats etc.) t.s. agents in Poland , 240 000 surnames !!!
              http://www.lista.tyski.com/
            • mareksilarski
                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 4, 2005
                  second link