Easter

  • Debbie
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 19, 2003
      To all the Bukowskian Triangle descendants:

      Wesol~ych S~wia~t Wielkiej Nocy i smacznego jajka.

      (Happy Easter and good eggs)

      Debbie
    • maryann clark
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 19, 2003
        Hi Debbie,

        I have probably written you before and don't
        remember. But I have a ggg grandmother named
        Katarzyna Buczkowska. From Przeclaw, Galicia, Poland.
        She married Tomasz Grebosz Jan 29, 1849
        Do you think there is any connection to your family?
        Thankyou, Maryann

        --- Debbie <daveg@...> wrote:
        > To all the Bukowskian Triangle descendants:
        >
        > Wesol~ych S~wia~t Wielkiej Nocy i smacznego jajka.
        >
        > (Happy Easter and good eggs)

        http://search.yahoo.com
      • maryann clark
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 19, 2003
          Hi Debbie,

          --- Debbie <daveg@...> wrote:
          > To all the Bukowskian Triangle descendants:
          >
          > Wesol~ych S~wia~t Wielkiej Nocy i smacznego jajka.
          >
          > (Happy Easter and good eggs)

          http://search.yahoo.com
        • Debbie
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 19, 2003
            Maryann,
            I don't have any Grebosz nor Buczkowska in my Bukowsko village ancestors
            so far. Sorry.
            Debbie

            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 7, 2005
              Do Poles clean up graves and cemeteries the week of Easter?
              Is it customary for people in Poland to visit graves on Easter Sunday?

              Thanks
              Debbie
            • euromaniana
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 9, 2005
                ... we clean up graves and cemeteries every week, every day !
                J,

                --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com, Debbie Greenlee <daveg@a...>

                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 9, 2005
                  J,
                  I must disagree. The Bukowsko cemetery is not cleaned every week;
                  perhaps 3 times per year only.

                  I know families make sure that graves are clean for 1 listopada (Nov.
                  1). Do they make sure they are clean for Easter?

                  Debbie

                  euromaniana wrote:
                  > ... we clean up graves and cemeteries every week, every day !
                  > J,
                  >
                  > --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com, Debbie Greenlee <daveg@a...>
                  >
                  > wrote:
                  > > Do Poles clean up graves and cemeteries the week of Easter?
                  > > Is it customary for people in Poland to visit graves on Easter
                  > Sunday?
                  > >
                  > > Thanks
                  > > Debbie
                • euromaniana
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 10, 2005
                    I must disagree TOO! ... perhaps 3 times per year in Texas only !

                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 10, 2005
                      J,
                      In the U.S. our cemeteries have "Perpetual Care." When a person is
                      buried in a cemetery, that coffin/grave stays there forever. Nothing is
                      removed and no one else is buried in that grave. We pay a lot of money
                      for these graves. As a result, the cemetery takes care of the "grounds"
                      (grass, weeds, bushes). The family does not clean anything. The cemetery
                      cuts the grass which is not allowed to grow more than 3 or 4 inches,
                      generally speaking. Because of "Perpetual Care" we are (unfortunately)
                      no longer allowed to have monuments on our graves (generally speaking).
                      The gravestone must lie flat on the ground so large grass cutters can
                      drive over them.

                      RE: Bukowsko cemetery. I have been there 6 times. On 4 of those visits
                      the grass was so high it was impossible to find (much less read) some of
                      the older grave stones. This is not a criticism. I know that some
                      villages take better care of their cemeteries than others. I just wanted
                      to know if Easter was one of those special times when the families made
                      sure the cemeteries were cleanup. Clean-up includes cutting the grass.

                      Thanks
                      Debbie

                      euromaniana wrote:
                      > I must disagree TOO! ... perhaps 3 times per year in Texas only !
                      > J,
                      >
                      > --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com, Debbie Greenlee
                      > <daveg@a...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > J,
                      > > I must disagree. The Bukowsko cemetery is not cleaned every week;
                      > > perhaps 3 times per year only.
                      > >
                      > > I know families make sure that graves are clean for 1 listopada
                      > (Nov.
                      > > 1). Do they make sure they are clean for Easter?
                      > >
                      > > Debbie
                      > >

                      > > euromaniana wrote:
                      > > > ... we clean up graves and cemeteries every week, every day !
                      > > > J,
                      > > >
                      > > > --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com, Debbie Greenlee
                      > <daveg@a...>

                      > > > Sunday?

                      > American family American family American family
                      > home insurance home insurance home owner
                      > company insurance
                      >
                      > Genealogy Multi family home Single family home
                      > research for sale for sale

                      > Service.

                    • bukowsko1
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 4, 2010
                        Zycze Wszystkim
                        Wesolych Swiat Wielkiej Nocy
                        Happy Easter

                        Ela
                      • Ann Poslosky
                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 4, 2010
                          Ela,

                          Wesolego Alleluja!!!   Thank you for informing Debbie about the news of my cousin's passing away and then her son.  It has been very hard for me to accept she is gone.  May they rest in peace.  Bronia's last letter to me was written just 14 days before she died and she was very upbeat and happy.  I think she was very shocked and distraugt about Julian's condition after seeing him and it was too much for her.  Thank you again,

                          Ann

                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 8, 2012
                            Wishing everyone a Blessed and Happy Easter!

                            Madeline