RE: Posada Zarszynska, Nowosielce villages

  • lucekcichocki
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2013

      hello Stan, I've visited the area a few times recently doing research. I think I could help you on this. Kind regards.

      ---In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com, <bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hello,
      My name is Stan Sieradzki and I am looking for information about my grandfather's village, Posada Zarszynska, and his family. His name was Tomasz Sieradzki, born in 1893. He also had a brother named Josef Sieradzki born in 1887. Both came to the USA. Other family members remained in Poland.

      I am also interested in my great grandfather's village, Nowosielce, and his family. His name was Andreas Owad born in 1873. He was Greek Catholic. I would appreciate any information. I am pretty much at a dead end. Thanks for your help!
      Sent from my iPad
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 2013
        Stan,

        I know LDS hasn't filmed records for the parish in Zarszyn but they
        have filmed Greek Catholic records from the parish in Nowosielce:
        https://familysearch.org/eng/library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=localitydetails&subject=69893&subject_disp=Poland%2C+Rzesz%26%23xf3%3Bw%2C+Nowosielce+%28Sanok%29&columns=*,0,0

        Have you written either of the parishes for records?

        Debbie

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 9, 2013
          On Oct 6, 2013, at 2:11 PM, Stan Sieradzki wrote:

          > Hello,
          > My name is Stan Sieradzki and I am looking for information about my grandfather's village, Posada Zarszynska, and his family. His name was Tomasz Sieradzki, born in 1893. He also had a brother named Josef Sieradzki born in 1887. Both came to the USA. Other family members remained in Poland.
          >
          > I am also interested in my great grandfather's village, Nowosielce, and his family. His name was Andreas Owad born in 1873. He was Greek Catholic. I would appreciate any information. I am pretty much at a dead end. Thanks for your help!

          Hi Stan,
          Do you have Ellis Island or other port of entry records for these folks?

          There's a bunch of records related to the BT (Bukowsko Triangle) on my site that have been contributed by several different people. (Debbie GReenlee deserves principal credit.) Some contain references to the surnames Sieradzki and Owad, although I don't think any of them refer to the specific people you cite (Tomas, Josef, and Andreas).

          Here's how to search my site for a specific name:
          http://www.google.com/search?q=site:Semanchuk.com+owad

          http://www.google.com/search?q=site:Semanchuk.com+Sieradzki