a short footage of Bukowsko, recorded yesterday

  • lucekcichocki
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 12, 2013
      Hi everyone. While doing research in Bukowsko area, I thought it would be nice to record what Bukowsko looks like at the very moment. Taken onboard my very own car, the quality is not full HD but still... And here goes the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/d20ysvs6eodg3in/Bukowsko.mp4
    • Elizabeth Reiser
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 12, 2013
        wspanialy link
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 12, 2013
          Łukasz,

          Thank you for the video. As "I" drove down the main road with you I
          kept pointing out buildings, shrines, etc. I wish I could have
          narrated your film. ;)

          Debbie

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 12, 2013

            Well, you can record yourself and leave the editing to me. Final effect could be interesting. Just a pity I didn't have a camcorder with HD option and the weather wasn't that great!

            lucekcichocki@... wrote:

            > Hi everyone. While doing research in Bukowsko area, I thought it would
            > be nice to record what Bukowsko looks like at the very moment. Taken
            > onboard my very own car, the quality is not full HD but still... And
            > here goes the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/d20ysvs6eodg3in/Bukowsko.mp4

          • Walt/Gloria Elston
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 12, 2013
              Thanks for sharing this.  I recognized the civil records building and the church and the parking lot across the street having been there a few years ago.  Good driving!

              Gloria

              On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 11:03 AM, <lucekcichocki@...> wrote:

              Hi everyone. While doing research in Bukowsko area, I thought it would be nice to record what Bukowsko looks like at the very moment. Taken onboard my very own car, the quality is not full HD but still... And here goes the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/d20ysvs6eodg3in/Bukowsko.mp4

            • Shosh E.
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 12, 2013
                Thank you Lukasz-I have sent it to my cousin and brother to show my aunt and dad

                Is there any downtown or centre of town there?

                Thank you again

                Shosh

                To: bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com
                From: lucekcichocki@...
                Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 12:48:26 -0700
                Subject: RE: Re: [bukowsko_triangle] a short footage of Bukowsko, recorded yesterday

                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 12, 2013
                    Shosh,

                    At one point Łukasz comes to a stop sign. To the left is the center of
                    town. Don't blink or you will miss it. All that is "downtown" is the
                    church, gmina offices, doctor, bank, pharmacy, zajazd/restaurant, fire
                    department, post office, a deli, store and the mall which has an
                    office and 4 or 5 stores.

                    I have some still photos of the downtown part of Bukowsko on my web
                    site: www.polishfamily.com

                    Debbie

                    Shosh E. wrote:

                    > Thank you Lukasz-I have sent it to my cousin and brother to show my aunt
                    > and dad
                    >
                    > Is there any downtown or centre of town there?
                    >
                    > Thank you again
                    >
                    > Shosh
                    >

                    > lucekcichocki@... <mailto:lucekcichocki@...> wrote:

                    > > Hi everyone. While doing research in Bukowsko area, I thought it
                    > would
                    > > be nice to record what Bukowsko looks like at the very moment. Taken
                    > > onboard my very own car, the quality is not full HD but still... And
                    > > here goes the link
                    > https://www.dropbox.com/s/d20ysvs6eodg3in/Bukowsko.mp4

                  • Madeline
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 12, 2013
                      Thank you so much for the recorded pictures of Bukowsko.  I have to say it reminds me of the town that I grew up in:  Forest City, Pa.  At least Bukowsko had a bus in it.  We didn't have a bus and unless you owned a car you didn't get out of it.  My dad like most people from Pa worked  in the mines until they closed and then he worked in New Jersey.  My mom and I lived in Pa until my dad decided to move us to New Jersey (I was 15 and very happy to get out of Pa) and I am until this day glad to be out of there.

                      My husband and I are planning on going to Poland next year.  I want to see where my family came from.

                      Madeline
                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 12, 2013
                        Madeline,

                        While a lot of people in Bukowsko now have cars, that is recent. You
                        may have noticed at least one person in the video was on a bike and a
                        couple of others were walking. This was the common way to get around
                        until the car became so popular. Buses were/are a way of life in
                        Poland, unlike Texas which doesn't have public transportation!
                        Who's behind the times?

                        Debbie