Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Travel to Ukraine

  • Marie Hughes
    Message 1 of 31 , Aug 26, 2013
      Hi Gloria,
      I have traveled to Ukraine twice. First when I flew into krakow and took the bus to Lviv in 2011. This year we flew into Lviv. Both times we flew in May and the cost was about the same generally $800.00 round trip. We had a friend from the Greek Catholic church working in Uzhgorod come pick us up at the airport and take us south to the Khust area in the Carpathians. If you can speak/understand Russian or Ukraine I personally wouldn't hesitate. I can't understand the language yet so I need a guide. When dealing with airport staff in Ukraine and hotel staff we usually found someone who could speak english and they were more than friendly and helpful. I'm not sure you would get that type of assistance for train travel. Atleast that is what I was told by a Priest I knew from the states that traveled to Ukraine several times.
      Marie

      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 17, 2014
        Doctors and hospitals in countries outside of the U.S. will not accept
        insurance cards for anything other than (maybe) proof that you have
        insurance. Doctors and hospitals will not bill your insurance carrier
        for services performed. They will expect cash.

        Debbie