Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Family Search (LDS)

    Message 1 of 5 , May 17, 2013
      On May 15, 2013, at 4:18 PM, Debbie Greenlee wrote:

      > Familysearch.com has added a lot of records for Pennsylvania. Some
      > are indexed, others have to be "browsed" page by page:
      > https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/list#page=1&countryId=23

      Thanks for the tip! On my father's side (my BT side), most of my family came in through Ellis Island, not Philly. But I was able to find the person I believe to the first Semanczyk to emigrate. Iwan Semanczyk (brother of my grandfather), age 18, arrived in 1895 along with Michael Rabicki. Here's the image:
      http://bukowskotriangle.org/ppl/philip/misc/IwanSemanczykPortRecord1895.jpg

      Probably the most interesting part is that Iwan was headed to Shamokin PA to meet "Bro. - Anton Bojuczak - Sent for Him".

      I wonder if Bojuczak might should be Bonczak? Iwan's mother was a Bonczak. Otherwise I don't know what to make of that name.

      I should also say that this might be the first typewritten record I've ever seen related to my family. Oh, it's too easy!

    • Kathy
      Message 2 of 5 , May 18, 2013
        Do you need the image of the actual ship manifest? I found it on Ancestry.

        Kathy

        Message 3 of 5 , May 18, 2013
          On May 18, 2013, at 7:12 AM, Kathy wrote:

          > Philip,
          > Do you need the image of the actual ship manifest? I found it on Ancestry.

          That would be great, thanks! Please email it to me off the list since the list does not accept attachments.

          My guess is that I could also find the image in the LDS collection but it might take a while.

          Message 4 of 5 , May 18, 2013

            Glad you found your "first".

            RE: "I wonder if Bojuczak might should be Bonczak? Iwan's mother was a
            Bonczak. Otherwise I don't know what to make of that name."

            I bet you're correct.

            RE: "I should also say that this might be the first typewritten record
            I've ever seen related to my family. Oh, it's too easy!"

            That will change. ;)