Lemks

  • Robert Piech
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 20, 2013
      Larry,

      How are You ?

      Today in one of the lagrest Polish portal "Onet" is interesting article presented - about Lemks. The interesting is that the Lemks are mostly from Wolochs origin. (we have not slovanian roots)
      Here is the link:
      http://wiadomosci.onet.pl/kiosk/lemkowska-republika,1,5469649,kiosk-wiadomosc.html

      Best wishes,
      Robert

    • larrybell13071
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 21, 2013
        Hi Robert,

        Good to hear from you and thank you for the link.

        If I understand the article correctly, the Łemko people were formed from a combination of the existing Ruthenian population and the migrating Wallachian shepherds.

        Jak daleko sięga nasza opowieść? Co najmniej do XII wieku. Wtedy wołoscy pasterze przywędrowali w te rejony łańcuchami górskimi. Zaczęli mieszać się z żyjącą w okolicy ruską ludnością.

        How much of each? It may be impossible to say. As I understand it, the original Ruthenians were a Slavic people.

        Larry

        --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com, Robert Piech <kalomel1@...> wrote:

        > Larry,
        >
        > How are You ?
        >
        > Today in one of the lagrest Polish portal "Onet" is interesting article presented - about Lemks. The interesting is that the Lemks are mostly from Wolochs origin. (we have not slovanian roots)
        > Here is the link:
        > http://wiadomosci.onet.pl/kiosk/lemkowska-republika,1,5469649,kiosk-wiadomosc.html
        >
        > Best wishes,
        > Robert

      • Robert Piech
        Message 3 of 6 , May 2, 2013
          Larry,

          Sorry that I did not answer. My grandmother died (pneumonia).
          She was born in Leszczawa Dolna (probably she was also Wallachian/Lemks). Her familly was also emigrated to the US. Unfortunately, I could not ask her about detail.

          Yes Larry, it was combination behinde these people.
          Yes, Ruthenians were Slavic people.

          Robert

          Good to hear from you and thank you for the link.

          If I understand the article correctly, the Åemko people were formed from a combination of the existing Ruthenian population and the migrating Wallachian shepherds.