RE: [bukowsko_triangle] Jews in Catholic records was New poll for bukowsko_triangle

  • Shosh E.
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 16, 2013
      Thanks Debbie

      If I can help with anything, please let me know - I don't know Polish though...

      To: bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com
      From: daveg@...
      Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 18:29:51 -0500
      Subject: Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Jews in Catholic records was New poll for bukowsko_triangle

      Shosh,

      I can't say for sure whether any Jews appear in these records because
      we haven't transcribed/translated them yet. I came across a couple of
      Bukowsko baptisms involving Jews (converts) so it's entirely possible
      there could be another record in another parish.

      There probably are not any strictly Jewish records though.

      BTW A picture reprinted on the Bukowsko gmina calendar (July/P�onna)
      shows the foot bridge in P�onna circa 1930 with 5 women on it. The
      picture is not clear enough to distinguish the women however. That
      month (July) also has a photo of the cerkiew circa 1960 and the bell
      tower circa 1950. I know that doesn't interest you Shosh, but I
      thought I'd mention it.

      Debbie

      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 16, 2013
        On Apr 16, 2013, at 2:09 PM, bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        > bukowsko_triangle group:
        >
        > I would like to see the following records transcribed/translated next by the volunteers.
        >
        > o Bukowsko Death Records
        > o Nowotaniec Baptismal Records
        > o Nadolany Baptisms
        > o Nadolany Marriages

        Wow, free transcription, and we even get to pick what we want? Now that's service!