Re: Wola Sekowa 1852 cadastral maps online

  • larrybell13071
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 27 7:11 AM
      I have spent many happy hours pouring over these maps. There is nothing like a map to help picture a place. I began to get an idea of life in Wola Sękowa in 1852, as well as the inheritance process.

      There are broader historical and sociological questions that I barely know how to ask. I understand there may be earlier cadastral maps in Lwów which would provide an informative comparison.

      The comparison with the present day Wola Sękowa is striking. In 1852, most everyone farmed. Today, only a few farm; and the population is a fraction of what it was in 1852.

      Thanks to Phil for providing space on semanchuk.com.

      Larry