Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Re: Partial tra nscription: persons removed from powiat Sanok d uring Akcja Wisła in 1947

    Message 1 of 38 , Mar 7, 2013
      On Mar 7, 2013, at 12:04 AM, thephillyfly wrote:

      > Just a heads-up to interested parties:
      >
      > With regard to the transcribed listings (the link is
      > http://semanchuk.com/gen/data/AkcjaWislaPowiatSanok/ if you need a
      > memory refresh), the transport numbers and the town name listed in
      > Philip's table headings match up with research done by Eugeniusz (Evhen)
      > Misilo, director of the Ukrainian Archives in Warsaw, and available on
      > John Magyari's website at this link:
      >
      > http://www.lipowiec.org/trains.php
      >
      > (Listed dates are not perfect matches but are within days of each
      > other.)
      >
      > This was particularly interesting to me because the one transport that I
      > have special interest in, #39 (Table 6 on Philip's page) shows that the
      > train's final destination was GiÅπycko, a town in northeast Poland.
      > My own recent research has shown that there were/are WanieÅ≥czyks in
      > both GiÅπycko and Olzstyn, but I couldn't be sure that this spelling
      > of the surname was related to mine. Now, though I still may not have
      > 100% certainty, this new connection definitely gives further credence to
      > that theory.

      Rob,
      Thanks a lot for sharing this. I'm really pleased that those transport numbers have proven helpful (glad I bothered to copy 'em). It's also good to know that my hunch about the town names in the headings being first railways stations was correct. When I get a chance I'll update the page with that information and contact John Magyari.

      Message 38 of 38 , Mar 7, 2013