Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Re: Partial transcrip tion: persons removed from powiat Sanok durin g Akcja Wisła in 1947

  • Rick Jones
    Message 1 of 38 , Mar 7, 2013
      Facebook, despite the many drawbacks like security etc, is a really good resource.
      I found 2 Cousins and another 3 possibles.....
      One of the Cousins has written to me a number of times since....still trying to work out if the 3 possible ARE relatives or not.... but they are definite possibilities.
      Just to digress sightly.
      Facebook is also a good place to find long lost friends................... I found a Lovely Lady there.....
      We grew up together, and went to many Polish Functions together.... but lost track of each other in the 1970's

      Message 38 of 38 , Mar 7, 2013
        On Mar 7, 2013, at 12:04 AM, thephillyfly wrote:

        > Just a heads-up to interested parties:
        >
        > With regard to the transcribed listings (the link is
        > http://semanchuk.com/gen/data/AkcjaWislaPowiatSanok/ if you need a
        > memory refresh), the transport numbers and the town name listed in
        > Philip's table headings match up with research done by Eugeniusz (Evhen)
        > Misilo, director of the Ukrainian Archives in Warsaw, and available on
        > John Magyari's website at this link:
        >
        > http://www.lipowiec.org/trains.php
        >
        > (Listed dates are not perfect matches but are within days of each
        > other.)
        >
        > This was particularly interesting to me because the one transport that I
        > have special interest in, #39 (Table 6 on Philip's page) shows that the
        > train's final destination was GiÅπycko, a town in northeast Poland.
        > My own recent research has shown that there were/are WanieÅ≥czyks in
        > both GiÅπycko and Olzstyn, but I couldn't be sure that this spelling
        > of the surname was related to mine. Now, though I still may not have
        > 100% certainty, this new connection definitely gives further credence to
        > that theory.

        Rob,
        Thanks a lot for sharing this. I'm really pleased that those transport numbers have proven helpful (glad I bothered to copy 'em). It's also good to know that my hunch about the town names in the headings being first railways stations was correct. When I get a chance I'll update the page with that information and contact John Magyari.