Re: Partial transcription: persons removed from powiat Sanok during Akcja Wisła in 1947

  • thephillyfly
    Message 1 of 38 , Mar 6, 2013
      Just a heads-up to interested parties:

      With regard to the transcribed listings (the link is
      http://semanchuk.com/gen/data/AkcjaWislaPowiatSanok/ if you need a
      memory refresh), the transport numbers and the town name listed in
      Philip's table headings match up with research done by Eugeniusz (Evhen)
      Misilo, director of the Ukrainian Archives in Warsaw, and available on
      John Magyari's website at this link:

      http://www.lipowiec.org/trains.php

      (Listed dates are not perfect matches but are within days of each
      other.)

      This was particularly interesting to me because the one transport that I
      have special interest in, #39 (Table 6 on Philip's page) shows that the
      train's final destination was Giżycko, a town in northeast Poland.
      My own recent research has shown that there were/are Wanieńczyks in
      both Giżycko and Olzstyn, but I couldn't be sure that this spelling
      of the surname was related to mine. Now, though I still may not have
      100% certainty, this new connection definitely gives further credence to
      that theory.

      Anyway, if all of my logic is sound and these connections are
      meaningful, I believe I may now know the names of at least two living
      relatives in Poland. Figuring out how to contact them will be an
      interesting task...

      This new progress has been exciting, though!

      Best,
      Rob

      --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com, Philip Semanchuk <philip@...>
      wrote:

      > On Oct 25, 2012, at 1:38 PM, thephillyfly wrote:
      >
      > > Hopping on the bandwagon here to thank you for your transcription,
      and especially for sharing it with everyone. It is most certainly
      appreciated!

      > > Assuming that the Gregor Weninczyk(?) family of Be~lchówka is
      related to the Waniejczyks that I am more familiar with (and I feel more
      or less safe making that assumption here), this would be my first
      confirmation that I had relatives still living there in 1947, and a
      totally new piece to my family's puzzle. If anyone is successful in
      accessing individual identity cards, please do let the BT list know. I
      may give it a go myself...

      > > Thanks again for this invaluable contribution.
      >
      > Hi Rob,
      > You're most welcome. Weninczyk is certainly the Waniejczyks you're
      familiar with. The odds are good that the handwritten version says
      "Waniejczyk" and I just couldn't read it. Glad this provided you with
      some new info.

      > Cheers
      >

      > > --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com, Philip Semanchuk philip@
      wrote:

      > >> Hi all,
      > >> When I was in PrzemyÅ˝l last year I transcribed about
      one-third of a document called Wykaz osÓb przesiedlonych w
      akcji "W" Z. pow. Sanok (List of persons displaced in the action
      "WisÅ≠a" in powiat Sanok). I have finally completed the editing
      of my transcription and posted it online. Here's a link, and below that
      a list of villages transcribed:

      > >> http://semanchuk.com/gen/data/AkcjaWislaPowiatSanok/
      > >>
      > >> â•¢ Table 1 â•" Wolica, Transport #293
      > >> â•¢ Table 2 â•" Wolica, Transport #27
      > >> â•¢ Table 3 â•" NagÓrzany, Transport #57
      > >> â•¢ Table 4 â•" Å™azy, Transport #27
      > >> â•¢ Table 5 â•" BeÅ≠chÓwka,
      Transport #27
      > >> â•¢ Table 6 â•" BeÅ≠chÓwka,
      Transport #39
      #10, Part 1
      #10, Part 2

      Message 38 of 38 , Mar 7, 2013
        On Mar 7, 2013, at 12:04 AM, thephillyfly wrote:

        > Just a heads-up to interested parties:
        >
        > With regard to the transcribed listings (the link is
        > http://semanchuk.com/gen/data/AkcjaWislaPowiatSanok/ if you need a
        > memory refresh), the transport numbers and the town name listed in
        > Philip's table headings match up with research done by Eugeniusz (Evhen)
        > Misilo, director of the Ukrainian Archives in Warsaw, and available on
        > John Magyari's website at this link:
        >
        > http://www.lipowiec.org/trains.php
        >
        > (Listed dates are not perfect matches but are within days of each
        > other.)
        >
        > This was particularly interesting to me because the one transport that I
        > have special interest in, #39 (Table 6 on Philip's page) shows that the
        > train's final destination was GiÅπycko, a town in northeast Poland.
        > My own recent research has shown that there were/are WanieÅ≥czyks in
        > both GiÅπycko and Olzstyn, but I couldn't be sure that this spelling
        > of the surname was related to mine. Now, though I still may not have
        > 100% certainty, this new connection definitely gives further credence to
        > that theory.

        Rob,
        Thanks a lot for sharing this. I'm really pleased that those transport numbers have proven helpful (glad I bothered to copy 'em). It's also good to know that my hunch about the town names in the headings being first railways stations was correct. When I get a chance I'll update the page with that information and contact John Magyari.