DNA Admixture Testing

  • larrybell13071
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2013
      What is your goal? Such an important question!

      What if your goal in DNA testing is to discover the percentages of your ethnic background?

      Here is the conclusion from a comparison review written by "The Genetic Genealogist"

      "At this point in time, for those interested in the origins of their ancestors in the last couple hundred to few hundred years, 23andMe is the best choice in my opinion (especially at the new price of only $99). If your interests are more focused on deep ancestry and anthropology, then Geno 2.0 would be my recommendation. (Remember though that this review is focused on admixture features only. There is much more to take into consideration when purchasing a DNA test for genealogical purposes!)"

      http://www.yourgeneticgenealogist.com/2012/12/comparing-admixture-test-results-across.html

      And here is a comparison chart, with overall ratings of Autosomal DNA testing, compiled by Dr. Tim Janzen.

      http://www.isogg.org/wiki/Autosomal_DNA_testing_comparison_chart

      I'm still researching--more to come!

      Larry