German translations

  • crazyauntmad1
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 26 8:24 AM
      I have baptismal and marriage records from Germany. Does anyone read and write German?

      Thank you, Madeline
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 27 5:32 PM
        On Feb 26, 2013, at 11:24 AM, crazyauntmad1 wrote:

        > I have baptismal and marriage records from Germany. Does anyone read and write German?

        If you can decipher the text well enough to type it into Google translate, it will probably do a good enough job.

        If it's older German handwriting, that's tough. I have looked at some German records from the 1700s and can barely pick out surnames I recognize, much less anything else.

        Good luck