Kwartalnik

    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 6, 2013
      The current issue of "Kwartalnik" can be found on the Bukowsko gmina
      web site.
      http://www.bukowsko.pl/asp/start.asp?page=&tytul=Aktualno%B6ci&dzial=Aktualnosci&strona=1
      Scroll down and click on Kwartalnik on the right. Then click on
      Numer 4(32)/2012

      Page 3 There was a "most beautiful garden" competition in Sanok
      powiat. Three families were mentioned:
      Elżbieta and Bogusław Bukrej of Nowotaniec, Maria and Krzysztof
      Frąckowiak of Nadolany and Łucja and Józef Wójtowicz of Nadolany.
      The pictures are pretty impressive. (Note to self: add these places to
      next itinerary.)

      Page 5 has a photo of the secondary school principal, Janusz Sitarz
      standing with teachers and children from the Pobiedno kindergarten
      classes. The children took part in a singing competition and none of
      them had stage fright!

      Page 6 has a history of Nowotaniec,

      Page 7 has a 1960 photo of the firemen of Nowotaniec.

      I'm pretty sure I spotted Robert Koczera on page 8. Robert has been
      involved with creating an "educational path" in the gmina.

      HPI which among other things gave more than 300 bee colonies to 20
      beekeepers in Bukowsko. In gratitude the beekeepers along with HPI is
      paying it forward with a project, "A piece of honey, a glass of milk"
      for the secondary school in Nowotaniec.

      Page 9 has an article about shale gas exploration in Poland. Perhaps
      the government should talk to residents in Pennsylvania and Texas
      about this before making a final decision to frack.

      Page 10 mentions a parking garage being built in Sanok which will hold
      100 cars.
      There is also a warning against opening doors to strangers trying to
      sell satellite dishes and the like; especially to the elderly.

      The "new" rynek (location of color fountain) now has 79 stalls for
      "peddlers." I can't find a web cam for Sanok that will load. But I did
      see snow. I was hoping to see what all these little stands look like.
      Rebuilding the square (rynek) cost 3 million złoty.

      Page 12 has the completion of "Memories of Home" by Władysława Mendruń
      Kozimor. This part of her story starts in 1954 when she married. You
      can copy and paste the article into Google Translate and get an _idea_
      of what she wrote. A family picture is included. Everyone should look
      at it to see if anyone looks familiar or reminds you of someone in
      your own family.

      There's lots more including an obituary.
      The back cover of this issue has a photograph of the army in Bukowsko
      in 1930.

      Debbie
    • Elizabeth
      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 24, 2013
        new issue of kwartalnik is on
        Bukowsko web site
        Ela
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 25, 2013
          Thanks Ela!

          Debbie

          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 19 12:19 PM
            I sent Jan Muszański, the editor of the Bukowsko gmina magazine,
            "Kwartalnik" photos from Ann Poslosky, Cynthia Vahlkamp, Bill Bodziak
            and myself. Muszański received them and hopefully at least some will
            appear in upcoming issues of the magazine.

            I sent a total of 15 photos. Thanks to everyone!

            Debbie
          • Cynthia Vahlkamp
            Message 5 of 23 , Jun 20 5:22 AM
              Thanks again for taking the lead on this.  It would be so beautiful to see our family members featured. Fingers crossed.
              Cynthia
            • Debbie Greenlee
              Message 6 of 23 , Jun 20 7:12 AM

                Message 7 of 23 , Jun 20 7:13 AM
                  Cynthia,

                  I'm hoping for a bigger reward - that people in the BT area will
                  recognize those in the photos and make contact with "us."

                  Debbie

                  Cynthia Vahlkamp cynthia.vahlkamp@... [bukowsko_triangle] wrote:

                  > Debbie,
                  > Thanks again for taking the lead on this. It would be so beautiful to
                  > see our family members featured. Fingers crossed.
                  > Cynthia

                • Ann Poslosky
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jun 20 12:24 PM
                    Thanks Debbie for forwarding the pictures to Jan Musza~n~ski.  It would be awesome if some of those photos from this group would be recognized by local residents.

                    Ann

                    Message 9 of 23 , Oct 30, 2014
                      The most recent issue of "Kwartalnik" the Bukowsko gmina quarterly
                      magazine is online. The last page of the magazine is a photo of the
                      Bukowsko school circa early 1900s which was provided by Joan Bausch
                      through Chris Bednarz.

                      I haven't had time to go through the magazine so you'll just have to
                      do that yourselves. ;)

                      http://www.bukowsko.pl/asp/pl_start.asp?typ=14&sub=11&menu=48&strona=1
                      Click on
                      2014 Numer 3(30)/2014

                      Past issues are available on the same page.

                      BTW This magazine does not make any money. For some reason the
                      residents just don't buy enough issues. If you think this magazine is
                      worthwhile and want to see it continue feel free to send a donation.
                      You can contact me for information on how to do that.