Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Re: [polish_genius] Polish Cadastral Maps

  • Roman
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 4, 2013
      Folks,

      A few days ago i provided a link to cadastral information on the Polish
      Geoportal site. Although I was able to view the data without any
      problems at that time, others ran into a problem in which the site
      failed to load. Yesterday and today I had a similar problem with the

      However, all is not lost. The site may be undergoing upgrade pains. Its
      home page is at

      > http://www.geoportal.gov.pl/

      where it offers two possibilities for viewing maps - indicated by the
      rectangles labeled 'MAPY'. The first is the original view currently
      causing problems; the second labeled 'Geoportal2' appears to function
      normally today. Geoportal2 is an upgrade (costing over 100M PLN) due to
      be completed by the end of 2013.

      The site is operated by the Polish government 'Główny Urząd Geodezji i
      Kartografii' (GUGIK - Central Geodesic and Cartographic Office).
      > http://www.gugik.gov.pl/
      This is the same agency that provides us with the TERYT database. At the
      end of last year they had completed an upgrade named TERYT2.

      Roman