Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Re: [polish_genius] Przybysz ów

  • Roman
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 3, 2013
      Sandy,

      As you can see from other replies it does not appear to be a problem
      with your computer. I am having difficulties with the site today as
      well. On looking at their home page I see that they have a second
      version available. I had better luck with it but it clearly is not
      stable and fully functional. For example, I cannot get cadastral
      boundaries or location names to show up.

      And the original version whirls away without end.

      Perhaps we ought to way a day and a week and see whether the service
      improves while thy go through their upgrade process.

      Roman

      On 2/3/2013 3:24 PM, Sjmaher5697@... wrote:

      > Roman, I have tried over and over to use the link you gave us. But every
      > time it goes to an icon in the middle of the page and under it it says
      > revolving..... I Waited all through dinner last night and it never did
      > load or tell me to get lost or that it had failed. Any clues or hints
      > for me? Sandy

    • sjmaher3060
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 4, 2013
        I have tried this morning from my office system and it popped right up. All weekend at home I got ZIP. So much for AOL. Anyway the site is GREAT!!!!!

        As you can see from other replies it does not appear to be a problem
        with your computer. I am having difficulties with the site today as
        well. On looking at their home page I see that they have a second
        version available. I had better luck with it but it clearly is not
        stable and fully functional. For example, I cannot get cadastral
        boundaries or location names to show up.

        And the original version whirls away without end.

        Perhaps we ought to way a day and a week and see whether the service
        improves while thy go through their upgrade process.

        Roman

        On 2/3/2013 3:24 PM, Sjmaher5697@... wrote:

        > Roman, I have tried over and over to use the link you gave us. But every
        > time it goes to an icon in the middle of the page and under it it says
        > revolving..... I Waited all through dinner last night and it never did
        > load or tell me to get lost or that it had failed. Any clues or hints
        > for me? Sandy

      • Roman
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 4, 2013
          Folks,

          A few days ago i provided a link to cadastral information on the Polish
          Geoportal site. Although I was able to view the data without any
          problems at that time, others ran into a problem in which the site
          failed to load. Yesterday and today I had a similar problem with the

          However, all is not lost. The site may be undergoing upgrade pains. Its
          home page is at

          > http://www.geoportal.gov.pl/

          where it offers two possibilities for viewing maps - indicated by the
          rectangles labeled 'MAPY'. The first is the original view currently
          causing problems; the second labeled 'Geoportal2' appears to function
          normally today. Geoportal2 is an upgrade (costing over 100M PLN) due to
          be completed by the end of 2013.

          The site is operated by the Polish government 'Główny Urząd Geodezji i
          Kartografii' (GUGIK - Central Geodesic and Cartographic Office).
          > http://www.gugik.gov.pl/
          This is the same agency that provides us with the TERYT database. At the
          end of last year they had completed an upgrade named TERYT2.

          Roman