Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Re: [polish_genius] Przybysz ów

    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 2, 2013
      Roman,

      I do see the little, red roofed "summer" home on the right side of the
      road as you look at it.

      I am having trouble spotting the first cemetery on the map though. I
      do see bee hives (I remember them) lined up in 5 neat rows and they
      were "next" to the cemetery on the left side of the road as you look
      at the map.

      The cemetery was very close to the road so I think it is immediately
      north of the beehives. I don't think anyone would pick it out as a
      cemetery on this map though.

      Debbie

    • Roman
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 2, 2013
        OK - so it is a bee town, not a cemetery. I thought so at first thinking
        there couldn't be that many large tombstone monuments. Guess the
        cemeteries are both invisible. The WIG maps claim that the first
        cemetery is essentially where the bees live.

        Roman

        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 3, 2013
          Roman,

          I would think the first cemetery would be easier to spot if a new
          satellite photo was filmed (since 2011) because many of the
          headstones/monuments have been set upright.

          Debbie

        • Justin
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 3, 2013
            Roman,

            Thanks for the link to the map site. I didn't even know that this existed online. It might prove useful in future to cross-reference these land plots with the original cadastral maps to locate ancestral and historic properties with some precision.

            Justin