Response from the Central Archive of Modern Records

  • larrybell13071
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 28, 2013
      Just received an email response from Warsaw. I wrote to them a month ago asking for help in locating our relatives who were relocated to Ukraine from Wola Sękowa in 1946. They have located files which they believe have the information I am looking for. They do charge a (very reasonable) fee for their research time: 35 złoty per hour.

      Unfortunately, they want names, dates of birth, etc., which I am unable to provide at this point.

      I will try to download a pdf to the files in case someone else would like to pursue this option.

      Larry
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 28, 2013
        Larry,

        I recall a similar requirement when I was looking for Akcja Wisła
        records at the Przemyśl civil archives. Not prepared to give all the
        information (I didn't have it) I gave a few surnames of families I
        thought were moved. I didn't and couldn't give any more information
        than that. It worked but only because I was there, I think. It would
        not have worked if I sent in a request.

        The archive doesn't want to give the public unlimited access since
        these are recent records but I think if you're _there_ you have some
        leeway. Doesn't help you right now though.

        Debbie

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4 8:12 AM
          On Jan 28, 2013, at 9:15 AM, larrybell.cny@... wrote:

          > Just received an email response from Warsaw. I wrote to them a month ago asking for help in locating our relatives who were relocated to Ukraine from Wola Sękowa in 1946. They have located files which they believe have the information I am looking for. They do charge a (very reasonable) fee for their research time: 35 złoty per hour.
          >
          > Unfortunately, they want names, dates of birth, etc., which I am unable to provide at this point.
          >
          > I will try to download a pdf to the files in case someone else would like to pursue this option.

          Hi Larry,
          Thanks for sharing this with us. It's particularly interesting that this record is from 1946. As we've discussed before, relocations prior to AW in 1947 were quasi-voluntary, and I wasn't sure there would be records for them.

          Do you know the name of the set of records they're drawing from?

          Thanks