Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Transferring money to Poland

  • Aalexi
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 8, 2012
      My understanding the one being offered at Walmart is connected to Western Union International Services.

      Anna

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 10, 2012
        Larry,

        I went to this site (USMoneyExpress.com). It appears that I need to print out a form and mail it to Chicago with a certified check. Is that correct? What method do you use to send money for $10 to the archives' bank account?

        Justin

      • larrybell.cny@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 10, 2012
          Justin,

          I went to the locations tab and found two places within driving distance. One was a very helpful travel agent from Lviv who spoke Polish, Ukrainian and Russian. I paid cash and they sent it right out.

          Larry

          --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com, "Justin" <JKHouser84@...> wrote:

          > Larry,
          >
          > I went to this site (USMoneyExpress.com). It appears that I need to print out a form and mail it to Chicago with a certified check. Is that correct? What method do you use to send money for $10 to the archives' bank account?
          >
          > Justin
          >
          > --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com, larrybell.cny@ wrote:
          > >
          > > For the third time, I am transferring money to the Przemysl state archive for digital copies of records. This time I used USMoneyExpress.com. They have offices all over, so I was able to do business with a real person. They charged $10 for a $70 transfer.
          > >
          > > I also discovered that Walmart (of all places) has an international money transfer, but it is only for person to person transfers.
          > >
          > > Larry

        • Justin
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 11, 2012
            Thanks Larry. I see that there is an agent not far from me as well. I'll give them a call today or tomorrow and try to set something up.