Debbie's Trip Diary September 1, 2012

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2012
      Saturday, September 1

      We arrived at Heathrow airport in London about 15 minutes early even
      though we left Dallas/Fort Worth about 20 minutes late. The flight was
      about 8 hours and 20 minutes. I didn't take a head count but I don't
      think the plane was full.

      We flew in Business Class using frequent flyer miles. It takes us
      awhile to save up enough miles because my husband doesn't do much
      business flying. It's much more comfortable to fly in business class
      especially since I don't sleep well or long on transatlantic flights.
      I watched three movies: "Mirror, Mirror", "Brave", and "What To Expect
      When You're Expecting." I also read the current issue of PGSA's
      "Rodziny" which I received a couple of weeks prior and saved for this
      trip.

      I wish we could lock our carry-on bags in a locker so we could walk
      through the Heathrow stores. Some of the stores include, Harrod's,
      Chanel (clothes), Gucci and so on. A step above the news stands in my
      home airport! The souvenir shops in Heathrow still have lots of
      Olympic souvenirs. I made a mental note to actually look for something
      to buy on our way home. Though our luggage weight is not an issue
      right now, it will be on Monday morning when we fly from Warsaw to
      Rzeszow on LOT airlines. I can't add anything to our suitcases for
      that flight.

      The day is kind of dreary in London but we don't mind; too much sun
      (Dallas) isn't so great and we aren't getting out and about in London.

      We leave here at 1:10 p.m. London time/7:15 a.m. Dallas time. The
      flight from London to Warsaw is about 2 hours, 25 minutes. By the time
      we land in Poland I will have been awake for about 25 hours.
      Poland is one hour ahead of Britain.
      I decided a few trips ago that whatever Polish city we fly into is the
      one we spend at least one night in. I am just too tired to start
      driving right away - and I do most of the driving in Poland. Our first
      two nights will be at the Courtyard Marriott right across the street
      from the Warsaw airport. Setting our itinerary meant arriving and
      leaving Warsaw on a weekend so I could get good room rates. Two nights
      with two breakfasts will cost 572.40 zloty/$172.00. This is a really
      nice hotel but I don't like to pay more than $85 a night in Poland
      so . . .

      Time for cappuccino and a croissant.
      See you in Warsaw!