Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Re: Family Connection Zydka - Zytka

    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 30, 2012
      Brian,

      Well, according to the "Spis Parafialny Vol. II" there were four
      families living on the property and that could mean there were four
      families living in one house.

      Typically land was divided amongst sons and this continued through the
      generations so that eventually each descendant would have very little
      property. If Antoni Kowal and Katarzyna Żytka lived "so well" then why
      would they leave Bukowsko? No one in Bukowsko was well-off except
      perhaps the manor owner and his wealth was relative. I think most
      immigrants had a very difficult time when they first arrived in the
      U.S. and worked hard; maybe not as hard as in the old country but
      certainly harder than we do.

      Oh, there were 5 children altogether. They had a daughter in the U.S.

      Debbie