Anybody want to buy a manor?

  • larrybell.cny@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2012
      We had a great time at Dwor Wola Se~kowa. It is a guesthouse built as a replica of the original annex to the castle, where the "less desirable" guests stayed. Three good meals are included.

      http://www.dworwolasekowa.com.pl/

      It had a historical interest for us, since our grandparents were peasants who worked for the noble, picking turnips in the field.

      As we were checking out on Tuesday, Ewa told us that two places have become too much to care for. She also has a horse farm in Karlikow.

      Unfortunately, we're a little short of funds, (5M zl~oty) :-)

      Larry
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2012
        Larry,

        The dwór in Wola Sękowa has been for sale for a few years now. I bet
        the owners would come down on the price.
        With today's exchange rate it would only cost you $1,408,650!

        Please tell us more about the accommodations at the dwór.

        BTW Today I was contacted by a woman who has ties to Reichel, Mindur
        and Rabitski, all from Wola Sękowa. Hopefully she will join BT.

        Debbie

      • larrybell.cny@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2012
          For most of the time, we had the whole place to ourselves. A group of 20 came in over the weekend, but they did not disturb us. Unlike at a hotel, we socialized with the other guests and the staff. Ewa and her staff are anxious to please.

          There is a common dining area and living room. Each room has a private bath. Meals are served family style. The food is good and plentiful. One of us was a vegetarian and they easily accommodated him. Coffee is always available. There is a fridge set aside for the guests.

          It felt more like a guest house or a retreat center than a hotel, which suited us just fine. It was comfortable and home-like.

          180 zloty for a double includes 3 meals, which seemed like an excellent price.

          Larry

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2012
            On Jun 1, 2012, at 5:42 PM, larrybell.cny@... wrote:

            > For most of the time, we had the whole place to ourselves. A group of 20 came in over the weekend, but they did not disturb us. Unlike at a hotel, we socialized with the other guests and the staff. Ewa and her staff are anxious to please.
            >
            > There is a common dining area and living room. Each room has a private bath. Meals are served family style. The food is good and plentiful. One of us was a vegetarian and they easily accommodated him. Coffee is always available. There is a fridge set aside for the guests.
            >
            > It felt more like a guest house or a retreat center than a hotel, which suited us just fine. It was comfortable and home-like.
            >
            > 180 zloty for a double includes 3 meals, which seemed like an excellent price.

            That's about $50 per day. And they accommodate vegetarians? This sounds great!