Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Re: Photographing records from Poland

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 28, 2012
      Edward

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 28, 2012
        Edward,

        Sorry about that last post. It got away from me.

        I have long said that everyone from Bukowsko is related in one way or
        another. Villagers did not get out of the area much though they did
        meet and marry people from the surrounding villages. There are many
        examples of Roman Catholics marrying Greek Catholics as well.

        A number of folks on this listed have been able to connect with each
        other through the records. Perhaps you'll find more Sobolewkis in the
        baptismal records once we finish those books. I expect we will be
        putting two more books online within a month; Vol. VI and Vol. VII.

        Debbie

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 29, 2012
          On Jan 28, 2012, at 7:08 PM, Debbie Greenlee wrote:

          > Edward,
          >
          > I have long said that everyone from Bukowsko is related in one way or
          > another.

          Indeed. List member Dave Pukas just emailed me to let me know that he and I are third cousins twice removed. To quote Dave, "Petri and Maria Bonczak (Philip's g-g-grandparents) had Ivan ( Ioanes ) Bonczak, who had Julia who maried Sam Kulczycki who had Antionette who married Joseph Plesniarski who had Stanley, then my mom Diane."

          Debbie, I know you and I are related. Care to figure out how you and Dave are related through me? ;)

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 30, 2012

            Another assignment?!!!

            I'll add it to the pile.

            Philip, I've asked Dave for his "tree" but he's not sent me anything
            and neither have you! I need more than just names. Some dates, places
            and relationships would help to get things going.

            I see that Stan Plesniarski sent me his "tree" but it doesn't have
            dates. Am I correct that Dave Pukas is related to Stan?

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 30, 2012
              On Jan 30, 2012, at 2:19 PM, Debbie Greenlee wrote:

              > Philip,
              >
              > Another assignment?!!!
              >
              > I'll add it to the pile.
              >
              > Philip, I've asked Dave for his "tree" but he's not sent me anything
              > and neither have you! I need more than just names. Some dates, places
              > and relationships would help to get things going.

              I would be happy to share, but to do so would revel the truly pathetic organizational state of my own records. This is doubly embarrassing because I'm a "computer guy". But OK, you win...I'll email you a file privately.

              > I see that Stan Plesniarski sent me his "tree" but it doesn't have
              > dates. Am I correct that Dave Pukas is related to Stan?

              I will defer this question to Dave P. who tells me that he reads the list, although he rarely (never?) posts. Maybe this will draw him out. =)