Books about Poland

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2, 2004
      I did some on line book shopping today at BOOKS a MILLION.com and
      thought I'd share some of the interesting books I found. No, I did not
      order all of them. I've included the club prices too.

      http://www.booksamillion.com/ncom/books?redirect=1

      As a bonus you can get free shipping for orders over $25.00. Look for
      the FREE SHIPPING25 coupon as you search and place your order.

      To see even more books, at the top of the home page click on subject and
      type in POLAND. Some are really cheap!

      "Rising '44", by Norman Davies published, May 2004
      ISBN 0670032840 $20.76

      "White Eagle, Red Star: The Polish-Soviet War 1919-20 and 'The Miracle
      on the Vistula'" by Norman Davies published, Aug. 2004
      ISBN 0712606947 $16.52

      "When God Looked the Other Way: An Odyssey of War, Exile, and
      Redemption" by
      Wesley Adamczyk, published June 2004.
      ISBN 0226004430 $16.76

      "Life's Journey: Autobiography" by Eugene Bak, published Feb 2003
      ISBN 0880335076 $36.63

      "A Secret Life: The Polish Officer, His Covert Mission, and the Price He
      Paid To Save His Country" by Benjamin Weiser published Jan 2004
      ISBN 1891620541 $19.80

      "The Glass Mountain and Other Polish Fairy Tales" by Elsie Byrde
      published Dec 2000
      ISBN 0486413063 .90

      "The Polish Country Kitchen Cookbook" by Sophie Hodorowicz Knab
      published Nov 2001
      ISBN 0781808820 $16.73

      "The Bravest Battle: The Twenty-Eight Days of the Warsaw Ghetto
      Uprising"
      by Dan Kurzman, published Sept 1993
      ISBN 0306805332 $12.07

      "Poland: An Illustrated History" by Iwo C. Pogonowski, published Oct
      2000 ISBN 0781807573 $10.68

      "The Polish Way: A Thousand-Year History of the Poles and Their Culture"
      by Adam Zamoyski, published Dec 1993
      ISBN 0781802008 $13.38

      "Polish Traditions, Customs, and Folklore" by Sophie Hodorowicz Knab
      Revised Ed. published Aug 1996
      ISBN 0781805155 $15.09

      "Polish Piano Music" Works by Paderewski, Scharwenka, Moszkowski and
      Szymanowski by Ignace Jan Paderewski, published Sept 1999
      ISBN 0486406245 $10.02

      "The Deluge, Volume II An Historical Novel of Poland, Sweden, and
      Russia"
      by Henryk K. Sienkiewicz published Jan 2001
      ISBN 158963019X $24.71

      "The Trilogy Companion A Reader's Guide to the Trilogy of Henryk
      Sienkiewicz" by Jerzy Krzyzanowski, published Feb 1992
      ISBN 0870522213 $9.00

      "Exiled to Siberia A Polish Child's WWII Journey" by Klaus Hergt;
      Tadeusz Piotrowski, published Dec 2000
      ISBN 0970043201 $25.16

      "When Light Pierced the Darkness: Christian Rescue of Jews in
      Nazi-Occupied Poland" by Nechama Tec, published Oct 1987
      ISBN 0195051947 $10.69

      "Polish Folk Dances and Songs: Step-By-Step Guide" by Ada
      Dziewanowska, published Oct 1997
      ISBN 0781804205 $30.04

      "Polish Wycinanki Designs" by Frances Drwal, published Sept 1994
      ISBN 0880450584 $5.33

      "Nine Lives Ethnic Conflict in the Polish-Ukrainian Borderlands" by
      Lotnik Waldemar; Julian Preece; Neal Ascherson, published Aug 2000
      ISBN 1897959400 $10.02

      "The Diary of Dawid Sierakowiak: Five Notebooks from the Lodz Ghetto"
      by Dawid Sierakowiak; Alan Adelson; Kamil Turowski, published May
      1998 ISBN 0195122852 $14.54

      You can also find various copies and prices of Norman Davies' two
      volume, "God's Playground."

      http://www.booksamillion.com/ncom/books?redirect=1