Re: Jawornik records

  • aburock
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2011
      thanks! pretty much positive that my great grandparents were GC. They were in Pannsylvania.

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2011
        Amy,

        You might try contacting the Urza~d Stanu Cywilnego (USC) in
        Koman~cza, since that is the gmina for Jawornik. I think others on
        this list have had luck in locating records in this USC.

        Also, it looks like the Polish Civil Archives in Przemys~l has records
        you might be interested in:

        http://baza.archiwa.gov.pl/sezam/index.php?l=&mode=search&word=jawornik&operator=and&word2=
        "Parafia Greckokatolicka w Jaworniku" nr zespo?u: 2042/0 Karta: B

        BTW If you come across these village names, Jawornik Polski and
        Jawornik Ruski, they are different villages and not your Jawornik in
        gmina Koman~cza.

        Debbie

        aburock wrote:
        > thanks! pretty much positive that my great grandparents were GC. They were in Pannsylvania.
        >
        > --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com, Philip Semanchuk <philip@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> On Nov 27, 2011, at 8:13 AM, aburock wrote:
        >>
        >>> Hi group, I have taken a little break from trying to find records re: my great grandfather, Symko Olanish (Olianicz/Olenycz?) from Jawornik. We actually visited the site of the village in 2009. I am starting to look through all of my materials regarding Jawornik records and can't seem to find a definitive answer regarding the location of Jawornik records. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Amy
        >> Hi Amy,
        >> According to Lenuis' Genealogical Gazetteer of Galicia, Jawornik belonged to the Roman Cath. parish of Bukowsko and was its own the Greek Catholic parish. Are you looking for RC or GC records?
        >>
        >> bye
      • polskamom
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 20, 2012
          Jim,

          I have a print of a watercolor of the church in Szczawne suitable for framing and I'd like to send it to you. Are you interested?

          Debbie

          I was able to locate records of my grandmother and her relatives from the villages of Szczawne and Jawornik.