Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Finding Przbyszow/People you meet

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 13, 2011
      On Oct 9, 2011, at 6:38 PM, Josephine Christopher wrote:

      > Our first attempt to find Przbyszow Cemetery: We took the hand drawn map from Phillip's site.

      Hi Josephine,
      Are you aware of the high-quality maps here?

      http://semanchuk.com/gen/maps/spezialkarte.html

      The one called "Lisko und Mezö Laborc" covers Przybyszów and I would think that it'd include the cemetery if it was around in 187ish.

      Better late than never?

    • Josephine Christopher
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 13, 2011
        Hi Philip ,
        Thanks for the link to the map , have just had a look at it .
        The problem is , that when  we look at a map we [as women ] see what we want to see .We interpret what we
        see into we want to see what  rather than what is really there [of course we are not speaking for all women ] .

        Anyway , having looked at your map the things we were told by our guide now make sense . We were told that the age of the fruit trees that we saw en route on the track to Przebyszow woulld determine the location of homes .Opposite the first cemetery there were fruit trees which lined the track , these homes can be seen on this
        map on your link .We were expecting the homes to be futher away from the cemetery .

        Each time we've gone to Poland we have found out a little more information , if we found everything out at once there would be no reason to go back ......so lesson learnt .
        Thanks to everyone adding their experiences and knowledge to this site .
        Jo and Irene

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 16, 2011
          On Oct 13, 2011, at 7:21 PM, Josephine Christopher wrote:

          > Hi Philip ,
          > Thanks for the link to the map , have just had a look at it .
          > The problem is , that when we look at a map we [as women ] see what we want to see .We interpret what we
          > see into we want to see what rather than what is really there [of course we are not speaking for all women ] .

          I can tell you from personal experience that it's not only women that can do this. =)

          > Anyway , having looked at your map the things we were told by our guide now make sense . We were told that the age of the fruit trees that we saw en route on the track to Przebyszow woulld determine the location of homes .Opposite the first cemetery there were fruit trees which lined the track , these homes can be seen on this
          > map on your link .We were expecting the homes to be futher away from the cemetery .
          >
          > Each time we've gone to Poland we have found out a little more information , if we found everything out at once there would be no reason to go back

          That's an excellent attitude, I like it!