Re: Genealogy Services Website: www.lemkorusyn.com

  • Justin
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2011
      Corinna,

      This is a very interesting site, although her village map stops at Rymanow. This leaves the whole BT area out, and the Ukrainian/East Slavic people in that area were definitely Lemkos.

      The price is $60.00/hour for international research. It is tempting but I'll probably just save up and go there myself, especially since I already know that I need to visit the priest in Morochow to see most of the records of interest to me, rather than an archive.

      By the way, when you were in Morochow, did you get a chance to see Fr. Felenczak?

      Justin

      --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com, "Corinna C" <wengryn@...> wrote:

      > I happened to notice that there's a Lemko Rusyn genealogy website - some of you might be interested. It seems interesting, if you are looking for professional genealogy services. It's based in Utah.
      >
      > www.lemkorusyn.com
      >
      > It is operated by Karen Martin, the mother of Jonathan Martin, who did that documentary film about Lemkos (he went to Lemko vatras and interviewed people.) The film is called: "I Am From Nowhere: A People History Ignored."

    • Justin
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2011
        Nevermind. I see from the map title that this map is of Western Lemkivshchyna, so of course it stops where it does.

        Justin