Re: Thank you / "The Company of Heroes"

  • Justin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2011
      Hello Mary,

      Yes, I have a copy of Zalizna Sotnya, literally "Iron Hundred" (Company of Heroes), and have found it very moving. My copy, incidentally, was a gift of my cousin from Ukraine. It is a sympathetic portrayal of UPA's struggle for Ukrainian sovereignty in Galicia and has many beautiful renderings of village life and what might be termed the "Ukrainian soul." The deprivations and horrors experienced by the people in that time and place are unbelievable . . .

      Justin