Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Re: New member intro (longish...)

  • fwegerson@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 53 , Jun 1, 2011
      Dave,
      As you know, the three communities of interest - Nowosielce, Dlugie, Zarszyn - border on each other and are just west of Sanok's city line. Not sure if Nowosielce has a church. Catholics from Dlugie were members of Zarszyn's St. Martin and Our Lady of the Scapular Church until 1980 when a new Catholic parish and church opened in Dlugie. My cousin Elzbieta (Sanok) and her mother Daniela (Dlugie) found "family bibles" at the Zarszyn church that traced our ancestors back to the early 1800's. I hired a genealogist (Grazyna Rychlik) to dig deeper into the local records which resulted in a documented paper trail back to about 1778. Haven't found the link to your gr-great grandmother Elzbieta Wegrzyn ... yet. It's there.
      Frank
      Brentwood, TN

      Message 53 of 53 , Jun 7, 2011
        Dave,

        Ah, the challenges of the Bukowsko Triangle.

        Debbie

        davepacek@... wrote:
        Are these two really my great grandparents, or is this just a deceptive
        coincidence?