Re: [bukowsko_triangle] question

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2011
      Barbara,

      Using this Polish map site: http://mapa.szukacz.pl/
      (see instructions for use at the bottom of this email)

      I found that one of the Kalnicas (postal code 38-516) is in gmina
      Zago~rz, powiat Sanok. That is the one you are interested in (as Sandy
      mentioned).

      It is on a very small road, maybe dirt. Looks like you can get to it
      from Mchawa or Tarnawa Go~rna only, if you were going by car or horse
      cart.

      Instructions for using mapa.pl

      At top left in the box marked "Miejscowosc" type your village name.
      Click on POKAZ.
      You don't need diacriticals but you do have to spell it correctly. If
      you're unsure of the spelling use Shtetlseeker: http://mapa.szukacz.pl/

      The map will have pink circles showing the locations. These will
      correspond to information on the right side of the page. Scrolling
      through the possibilities read the information provided in order to
      help determine which one is your village.

      When you determine that one of them is your village, click on
      "Wybierz" in the village section on the right side of the page.

      You can zoom in and out by clicking on the circles under "Zbliz" at
      the top right of the page.

      You can even see a satellite view by clicking on "Zdjecie SAT" at the
      top right of the map.

      Now you try it.

      Debbie

      Barbara Cozine wrote:
      > I was going through my father's information and found that his
      father was born in Kalnica, Poland. When I went to yahoo maps to
      see how far it was from Bukowsko, the town where my father was
      born, it gave me three Kalnicas, listed as: 17-120 Kalnica, Poland;
      38-608 Kalnica, Poland; and 38-516 Kalnica, Poland. I searched
      the distance from each and found that one is 8 hrs. northeast of
      Bukowsko, and the other two were both south east of Bukowsko, one 17
      minutes, and the other more than an hour. Can anyone shed light on
      this for me? How can I ascertain which is the birth place of my
      great-grandfather.

      > Thanks, Barbara

    • gregm236
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 24, 2016
        Barbara,

        Did you ever find out which Kalnica you were trying to find?  What was the surname of your grandfather?  I visited the Kalnica that is closest to Sanok last year and have many pictures.  My great grandfather came from the town.  Surname : Baran

        I have quite a bit of the information on the town including some archive documents that I got when I was there.

        Greg Misko