Niemiec surname

  • Josephine Christopher
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2011
      We have just returned from a trip to Gorlice and Stary Sacz. Whilst looking around cemeteries in Gabon ,Opalana and Podegrodzie {villiages nearby} we came across many graves of people named Niemiec and remembered someone from the group was researching the name .Have you concidered looking for family in these areas ?
      Just want to take this opportunity to thank everyone in the group for sharing their information.We managed to reunite family from England ,America and Poland during this trip .We had the confidence to enter U S C offices and ask if they had records of our family and were sucessful .So thank you everyone.                                                                                                                                      Jo and Irene
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2011
        Jo and Irene,

        Good for you - making another trip to the homeland. How was the weather?

        Re: Niemiec. That surname can be found in Bukowsko parish marriage
        records.

        Debbie