Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Katarzyna Silarska picture

    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 24, 2004
      So, is Marek Silarski your cousin?
      Czy to jest Marek Silarski twoj kuzyn?

      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 13, 2012
        Madeline,

        Just so folks don't spend all night wondering about this, it's "malęki
        boyszek" and it's Polglish, a combination of Polish and English, not
        spoken in Poland however. It means little boy; małe is small and
        boyszek is the English word 'boy' with a Polish diminutive ending
        added on. Poles took an English word and tried to apply Polish grammar
        rules to the word 'boy' so it would be correct. Sort of.

        It's like saying, Łemkos or gminas. English speakers take the Polish
        word Łemko or gmina and make them grammatically correct for an
        _English_ word by adding an 's' to make it plural.

        Debbie

        crazyauntmad1 wrote:
        > My father never spoke any Polish to us children when we were growing
        up. After I was married and had a son, my father would say to my son
        malebcki bojszek (phonetical spelling) Does anyone recognize these
        words and can you tell me what it means???? Thank you, Madeline