Re: [bukowsko_triangle] re gbris

  • Walt/Gloria Elston
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 5, 2011
      Wow, I wish I had known. The archivists had photocopied individual records
      of my family members that I had asked for, but they blocked out any other
      person's information on the page. They also had record books that I could
      look through, but I had to make my own written notes from them, and they
      were very watchful as to how I handled the books. We are both talking about
      the Archive at Ryneck #10 in Sanok?

      Gloria

      On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 2:30 PM, Gail Philbin <gailphilbin@...> wrote:

      > Yes. I didn't take pictures of every page, just the ones with my relatives'
      >
      > birth/death etc. announcements--maybe 50 in all. Also, they let us take
      > pictures
      > of this huge map of Plonna from 1880 that they had on file. Of course, we
      > had to
      > wait for no clear reason for a couple of hours before we could do it and we
      >
      > could only have one book per table for some reason, but still, we got our
      > pix!
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Gail Philbin
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 5, 2011
        I don't remember the address, but I'm 90% certain it was Sanok. It's where
        Debbie Greenlee's cousin works. (Debbie, can you help here?) We dropped her name
        and her cousin let us use the room where weddings take place and let us stay as
        long as we liked and take photos and video. We also took pix at the archive in
        Przemysl. Again, our friends said this was a new thing they hadn't seen before.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 5, 2011
          Gloria,

          Cmetoni is it! In Polish, kmiec~. Considered to be self-supporting
          with at least one lan of land.

          http://www.polishroots.org/Research/faq/translating/tabid/213/Default.aspx

          Debbie

          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 5, 2011
            Gail,

            Oh dear. Our hearts leaped out of our chests!
            No, it was not Sanok. You took the photos at the Urza~d Stanu
            Cywilnego (USC) at gmina of Bukowsko.

            Przemys~l Civil Archives have been allowing the photographing of
            records (except Akcja Wisl~a records) since at least 2006.

            Debbie

            Gail Philbin wrote:
            > I don't remember the address, but I'm 90% certain it was Sanok. It's where
            > Debbie Greenlee's cousin works. (Debbie, can you help here?) We dropped her name
            > and her cousin let us use the room where weddings take place and let us stay as
            > long as we liked and take photos and video. We also took pix at the archive in
            > Przemysl. Again, our friends said this was a new thing they hadn't seen before.
            >

            > ________________________________

          • Gail Philbin
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 5, 2011
              So sorry to get you all excited! Yes,now I remember. We ended up not going to
              Sanok because we had such great success at Przemysl and Bukowsko. SORRY!!!!!!!

              ________________________________

              Gail Philbin wrote:
              > I don't remember the address, but I'm 90% certain it was Sanok. It's where
              > Debbie Greenlee's cousin works. (Debbie, can you help here?) We dropped her
              >name
              >
              > and her cousin let us use the room where weddings take place and let us stay as
              >
              > long as we liked and take photos and video. We also took pix at the archive in
              >
              > Przemysl. Again, our friends said this was a new thing they hadn't seen
              >before.
              >

              > ________________________________

            • Walt/Gloria Elston
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 5, 2011
                Ok, you were in the Bukowsko Civil Records office. Yes, I did go there and
                met Janina, and she was wonderful and let us take photos , as many as we
                wanted, and we took a lot. Whew!, I thought I had messed up at the Sanok
                Archive.

                Gloria

                On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 3:55 PM, Gail Philbin <gailphilbin@...> wrote:

                > I don't remember the address, but I'm 90% certain it was Sanok. It's where
                > Debbie Greenlee's cousin works. (Debbie, can you help here?) We dropped her
                > name
                > and her cousin let us use the room where weddings take place and let us
                > stay as
                > long as we liked and take photos and video. We also took pix at the archive
                > in
                > Przemysl. Again, our friends said this was a new thing they hadn't seen
                > before.

              • Gail Philbin
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 5, 2011
                  Again, VERY sorry!

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 5, 2011
                    No problem. I am always afraid of missing an opportunity.

                    Gloria