14563Re: [bukowsko_triangle] DNA Project update

  • Susan Celotto
    Aug 6, 2014
      I would like to contribute some money to buy DNA kits.  Hopefully your cousin might find a Twardy or Wegrzyn to test too!  Tell me how to send the money.

      Susan

      On Sun, Aug 3, 2014 at 2:08 PM, davepacek@... [bukowsko_triangle] <bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      We currently have 12 members who have joined the Sanok DNA Project at FTDNA. I know of at least three more folks who should be joining in the near future, as well. It's a good start to build on.

      I just found out a few days ago that a cousin of mine will be visiting the BT area in September. If she has time in her schedule, I'll see if she's willing to pass out a few FTDNA test kits, purchased with some 'seed money' I've placed in the project general fund.

      Roberta Estes just published a blog entry, addressing some of the challenges faced by autosomal-focused projects such as ours. It's worth a read, if you're at all interested in the topic,

      Autosomal DNA Matching within Projects

      Autosomal DNA Matching within Projects
      Family Tree DNA was gracious enough to establish projects for genealogists – in fact – that’s one of the first things they did.  However, when they established p...
      Preview by Yahoo

      Dave P

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic