14554Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Bonczak Lisowska Marriage

    Aug 1, 2014

      Thank you for the detective work. The photo was sent to me by a cousin
      in France who wrote that the marriage took place in Bukowsko. However,
      for reasons I mentioned previously, I didn't think that was the case.
      Of course, your find cements that feeling.

      Oh, and I couldn't find this marriage in the Bukowsko Marriage Banns
      either.

      Thanks!
      Debbie

      Philip Semanchuk philip@... [bukowsko_triangle] wrote:
      > On Jul 29, 2014, at 9:12 PM, Debbie Greenlee daveg@... [bukowsko_triangle] <bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      >
      >> I just uploaded a photo to the BT list's FILES section. I was told
      >> that the wedding (photo) took place in Bukowsko in 1954 but I don't
      >> think the photo was taken in Bukowsko. The church in the background
      >> does not match the Bukowsko church of today. The photo also shows
      >> large trees in the front and I don't think large trees could fit on
      >> this part of the church yard.
      >>
      >> If anyone can recognize the church from the little that shows in the
      >> photograph, I'd appreciate hearing about it.
      >
      > I don�t recognize the church.
      >
      > Did you notice the text in the lower right?
      >
      > ATELIER
      > B.JOUSSE
      > VIERZON
      >
      > Vierzon is in central France.
      >
      > I was able to find a vintage (how old?) postcard for sale with an inscription on the back that says it was taken by S. Jousse in Vierzon:
      > http://www.delcampe.net/page/item/id,263407203,var,Carte-Photo--ENFANT-Photo-S-Jousse-de-VIERZON,language,E.html
      >
      > Interesting mystery.
      >
      > Bye
      >

      >> I have another photo of just the couple near the church door if
      >> anyone's interested.
      >>
      >> File : /Bonczak Lisowska Bukowsko 1954.jpg
      >> Uploaded by : polskamom <daveg@...>
      >> Description : Bukowsko 1954 Marriage: Stefan Bonczak & Feliksa Anna Mazur.

      >> -
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic