Re: [bukowsko_triangle] DNA was phonebook for Sanok

(13895)
  • Susan Celotto
    Feb 25 Expand Messages

      Hi Debbie,

          You are correct that all three have Wegrzyn (and Twardy) in their family tree, however, Paul's DNA only matched Dave Pachek.  Dave matched both Paul and Frank.  Dave looked at how the DNA segments match for each of them and he strongly believes that he (Dave) and Paul probably match on the Twardy line.

           It is possible for two people to have the surname in their family tree but either have it so far back that the "family finder" test can't get enough to show the connection or the connection happened through marriage and not blood at some point in time.

            I do not know what level of testing that Dave and Frank did, but their matches showed up in the family finder test.  Paul did the full genome testing at the highest level.  He doesn't have any matches at all on his direct male line (Y-DNA) or his direct maternal line (MtDNA).  Twardy & Wegrzyn are not through either of Paul's direct line.  Here is Paul's line:

        - Paul Celotto

        - Albert Celotto (& Elsie Wason)

        - Raffaele Celotto & Albina Twardy

        - Joseph Twardy & Francesca Wezegryn

       Besides knowing that Albina was born in Poland (and knowing her parent's names), we do not know what town she was born in (only somewhere in Galicia in 1888) and we have no information about lateral lines at this point.  This is why we have hired a researcher.  I have not looked at either Dave or Frank's family tree or how extensive they have looked into their lateral lines because we do not have any information to compare with them yet.

          The researcher we are using is Maciej Orchinowski and he will be starting in the Prymzyl Catholic Archives (spelling isn't right on the researcher name but I can look it up if you need it).

      Susan

      On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 11:02 AM, Debbie Greenlee <daveg@...> wrote:

      Susan,

      Something you wrote indicates that a DNA match did not appear between
      Paul, your husband, Dave Pacek and Frank Wegerson yet all three have
      Węgrzyn in their ancestry. Is this correct?

      Did all three do the same level of testing?
      Do all three have the surname Węgrzyn in a direct male ancestral line?
      Have all three done the "paperwork" to the same depth and included the
      same lateral lines?

      Is Twardy a direct male ancestral line for Paul, Dave and Frank?
      (I see that Paul's Twardy line goes through a female line)

      Who is the researcher you are using and exactly where are they doing
      the research?

      Thanks
      Debbie

      Susan Celotto wrote:

      > Thanks Penny! I have been in contact with both Dave and Frank. My
      > husband, Paul, is the one with the Polish ancestry and I am working to
      > trace his tree. He took the Family Tree DNA test and matched Dave Pacek
      > but not Frank Wegerson. Dave took a look at all three matches
      > (his, Frank's, and Paul's) and thinks that he (Dave) and Paul must be
      > related on the Twardy side and not the Wegrzyn side. Have you taken the
      > Family Tree DNA test yet? If so, I will look to see if you and my
      > husband match.
      >
      > My husband's grandmother was Albina Twardy and her parents were Joseph
      > Twardy and Franciszka Wegrzynowska. She died at the age of 35 (in 1905)
      > and her death certificate lists her parents as Matthew Wegrzynowski and
      > Catherine Pitchloga -- so, our two Franciszka Wegrzyn's are not the same
      > person but I'm sure that they are related somehow since the town is so
      > small.
      >
      > I have a researcher in Poland who will be starting work in the Catholic
      > Archives next week. I will post whatever he finds so that others can
      > take a look to see if they recognize any of their own family members.
      >
      > Susan

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic