13892DNA was phonebook for Sanok

    Feb 25, 2014
      Susan,

      Something you wrote indicates that a DNA match did not appear between
      Paul, your husband, Dave Pacek and Frank Wegerson yet all three have
      Węgrzyn in their ancestry. Is this correct?

      Did all three do the same level of testing?
      Do all three have the surname Węgrzyn in a direct male ancestral line?
      Have all three done the "paperwork" to the same depth and included the
      same lateral lines?

      Is Twardy a direct male ancestral line for Paul, Dave and Frank?
      (I see that Paul's Twardy line goes through a female line)

      Who is the researcher you are using and exactly where are they doing
      the research?

      Thanks
      Debbie

      Susan Celotto wrote:

      > Thanks Penny! I have been in contact with both Dave and Frank. My
      > husband, Paul, is the one with the Polish ancestry and I am working to
      > trace his tree. He took the Family Tree DNA test and matched Dave Pacek
      > but not Frank Wegerson. Dave took a look at all three matches
      > (his, Frank's, and Paul's) and thinks that he (Dave) and Paul must be
      > related on the Twardy side and not the Wegrzyn side. Have you taken the
      > Family Tree DNA test yet? If so, I will look to see if you and my
      > husband match.
      >
      > My husband's grandmother was Albina Twardy and her parents were Joseph
      > Twardy and Franciszka Wegrzynowska. She died at the age of 35 (in 1905)
      > and her death certificate lists her parents as Matthew Wegrzynowski and
      > Catherine Pitchloga -- so, our two Franciszka Wegrzyn's are not the same
      > person but I'm sure that they are related somehow since the town is so
      > small.
      >
      > I have a researcher in Poland who will be starting work in the Catholic
      > Archives next week. I will post whatever he finds so that others can
      > take a look to see if they recognize any of their own family members.
      >
      > Susan

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic