13430Re: [bukowsko_triangle] a short footage of Bukowsko, recorded yesterday

    Sep 12, 2013
      Madeline,

      While a lot of people in Bukowsko now have cars, that is recent. You
      may have noticed at least one person in the video was on a bike and a
      couple of others were walking. This was the common way to get around
      until the car became so popular. Buses were/are a way of life in
      Poland, unlike Texas which doesn't have public transportation!
      Who's behind the times?

      Debbie

      Madeline wrote:

      > Thank you so much for the recorded pictures of Bukowsko. I have to say
      > it reminds me of the town that I grew up in: Forest City, Pa. At least
      > Bukowsko had a bus in it. We didn't have a bus and unless you owned a
      > car you didn't get out of it. My dad like most people from Pa worked
      > in the mines until they closed and then he worked in New Jersey. My mom
      > and I lived in Pa until my dad decided to move us to New Jersey (I was
      > 15 and very happy to get out of Pa) and I am until this day glad to be
      > out of there.
      >
      > My husband and I are planning on going to Poland next year. I want to
      > see where my family came from.
      >
      > Madeline

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic