13144Re: [bukowsko_triangle] Re: Family Search (LDS)

    May 18, 2013
      On May 18, 2013, at 7:12 AM, Kathy wrote:

      > Philip,
      > Do you need the image of the actual ship manifest? I found it on Ancestry.

      That would be great, thanks! Please email it to me off the list since the list does not accept attachments.

      My guess is that I could also find the image in the LDS collection but it might take a while.

      > --- In bukowsko_triangle@yahoogroups.com, Philip Semanchuk <philip@...> wrote:
      >>

      >> On May 15, 2013, at 4:18 PM, Debbie Greenlee wrote:
      >>
      >>> Familysearch.com has added a lot of records for Pennsylvania. Some
      >>> are indexed, others have to be "browsed" page by page:
      >>> https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/list#page=1&countryId=23
      >>
      >> Thanks for the tip! On my father's side (my BT side), most of my family came in through Ellis Island, not Philly. But I was able to find the person I believe to the first Semanczyk to emigrate. Iwan Semanczyk (brother of my grandfather), age 18, arrived in 1895 along with Michael Rabicki. Here's the image:
      >> http://bukowskotriangle.org/ppl/philip/misc/IwanSemanczykPortRecord1895.jpg
      >>
      >> Probably the most interesting part is that Iwan was headed to Shamokin PA to meet "Bro. - Anton Bojuczak - Sent for Him".
      >>
      >> I wonder if Bojuczak might should be Bonczak? Iwan's mother was a Bonczak. Otherwise I don't know what to make of that name.
      >>
      >> I should also say that this might be the first typewritten record I've ever seen related to my family. Oh, it's too easy!
      >>
      >> Cheers
      >> Philip

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic