3363System wont boot normally

  • cinval_764
    May 20, 2006
      I just purchased a new computer at Best Buy it is a Compaq Presario
      SR1810NX 3200+ processor, 100GB hard drive AMD Sempron with XP Home. I
      got it online and it had needed microsoft updates. Well............SP2
      was installed on it and now it will not boot up normally! It was
      booting up in safe mode but that has stopped. I was able to make a
      Recovery Tools cd and I ran it but it still did not work. When I was
      able to get intp safe mode I checked the add and remove programs and I
      could not find SP2 on the list. I was hoping I could just uninstall
      the SP2 but I can not get back into the system anymore.

      What should I do? Is it repairable? Should I take it back to Best Buy
      and just get another one? Please help..........